Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning to all the AF people on the Sleigh. Today is Day 14.
    Mylife I love your comment about "Bullet Proof Mental Attitude" and congrats on Day 8
    Unwasted, wow 20 Days. I can hardly wait till I can sleep. I am going to get something today for it.
    Jenny, Day 11, it is such an accomplishment, enjoy the ride

Comment

Day 12! Wooohooo! Friday and Saturday were very tricky because me and my hubby are at odds with each other. But you know what? Because I was clear headed and present mind and body I was able to make my points without getting too emotional and blowing everything out of proportion. I'm proud of that! So it's Monday and I feel great! Only a week and a half of school left. Next week I have 2 finals on Monday, one on Tuesday, and one on Wednesday. Today I have a math test that I need to rock! I'm sure I'll do great, I've been studying.
      Let's rock this sober Monday guys! Share the love!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hi Everyone - proud to be reporting in on day 21!

Jenny, good for you in being able to maintain during a stressful situation. Isn't it a feeling of accomplishment to overcome obstacles sober? I can forsee a future of having tremendous self esteem and security and peace after accruing more and more days.

It's funny, I don't feel like I'm missing out now - I do feel I'm in a kind of confusing flux/transition period, but not due at all to not drinking -- more of just a life-changing kind of way.

Anyway, it's all good.

If dreams - hope you can get a little relief in the sleep department. After trying sleep aids in the past (scripts and non-scripts) I always found it was better for me to suffer through the bad nights because I got to the good ones. I hated the idea of then having to get myself off of the sleep aid. But, I understand if you're really suffering. Seems to me that all this is done better naturally even if it's hard at first. But then maybe my sleep corrected itself quicker than yours.

Best to everyone......have a super af Monday!:l

Comment

Good morning guys!

I made it through my company Christmas party last night with no AL and it was great! I'm here today fresh and full of energy and I can remember the whole party. So I'm moving on to Day 9!

Jenny, good job on staying true to your goals despite difficulties at home. That is the hardest part for me, learning to deal with problems without running to get my "medicine".

If Dreams - congratulations on Day 14!!
          Unwasted, Day 21!!! You're almosst to 30! I love that you don't feel like you're missing out now - I'm trying to adopt that mental attitude and it has been working for me so far.

Have a fantastic AF Monday all!

Comment

ML - another big hurdle - the Christmas party! Way to go!!

Comment

Hey guys-
              Wanted to pop in for a quick Hello! Haven't been on much but good to Jenn and My Life!!!

Good luck with your tests Jenn - I'm sure you will do very well.
              MyLife- here you on the Christmas parties. I know I need a strict plan.
              It has been great to when this thread was first created - similar time last year - lot's of ups and downs but it looks like way more ups! I will try and check in more frequently.

Hi and good luck to everyone else jlining the sleigh ride!

Sharky

Comment

Hi Sharky!!

We've missed you! It's been overall a good year with more ups than downs as you said...Hopefully even a better year next year! Glad to hear you're around and doing well!

Comment

Day 6 For Me

So hard around the holidays to try to stop, the cravings are getting worse, maybe since I hear about all these New years partys and how much AL is going to be there. I know I will not be attending any of them, even If I am aroudn I tihnk its too early to tell if I will slip up, thats where my mental state will be challenged, can I be strong enough to say no to the drink, So I wont put myself in that situation, even if I have to spend it alone, what do you allt hink go to the parties with alot of AL there or just stay home and wait it out? Thanks to this great board for all the help!

Comment

Sharky!!! Hey man! Good too see you!

ML good job on the holiday party!

Unwasted-21 days is awesome!

Dreams- good going! Your really getting the hang of this huh

Guy- If being around drink temps you don't go. Sometimes it takes people 6 months or longer to be strong enough to go where al is and say no. I don't get tempted by others drinking though so it does not really bother me, I prefer to drink alone.

So good that were all here aboard Santa's Sober Sleigh! and hi and good job to anyone I missed. See you all on day 12!

Comment

Guy, I would definitely steer clear of parties if you possibly can for a while. That's the single hardest situation for me and it sounds the same for you.

Have a nice AF night all.:l

Comment

Jumping on board the sober sleigh to the end of the year if that's ok. Early days for me - well day one to be precise - again! Really want to ride the year out AF to get solid footing for the New Year. Don't want to be faffing about with resolutions on Jan 1st - never has worked for me! But basically, I don't care what day it is. When I drink the day turns to sh**e and when I don't it's great and happy. No brainer really. Just need to keep it going - got to get to that 30 day mark, by hook or by crook!
                        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Well Good Morning to all those who have boarded Santa's Sober Sleigh. Today is Day 15, and like the rest of you, I am worried about temptation. For me the only one will be at my families for Christmas. I cannot stay away, I know them, they will come and get me if I choose to stay at home. I already told my Sister I would come there Christmas Eve. So lets hope the next few weeks build my strength and I have kicked the habit and cravings in the big ole butt.

Comment

Good Morning! Today is day 13! tomorrow is 2 weeks! 1/2 way! 30 days is December 23, not that I'm just going for 30 days. Now I only have 4 more class meetings, then I will not have may evenings so busy. I will not be back in school till Jan 18th so I hope I can find something to do with my time! I don't want to get board and wonder if I should drink to fill up the time. That's something to think about!

Have a good one guy's. Share the love!

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Glad to hear so many people are stringing up the AF days successfully! It feels so good to be sober. Whenever I'm tempted I'm going to remember the anxiety, depression and weight gain that come along with those glasses of wine!

Have a great Tuesday All!

Comment

PS If you haven't read it already, a great post by Onetomany in the General Discussion section...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...way-53891.html

Comment

Working...
                                X