Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning all on Santa's Sober Sleigh, today is Day 16. Congrats to all who are enjoying a sober December.
    Let me share a silly story, and you will say, "Are you sure you are not drinking?"
    This morning I decided to make myself some cinnamon toast. I began to sprinkle the cinnamon on, but I realized it was light in colour. I had put garlic on my toast. That is okay, just scrap it off, after all I have a Scottish background. We do not want to waste. Bad move. Did not matter, now all I taste is garlic. Normally I love it, but not with sugar and cinnamon. Oh well, people will keep their distance today.

Comment

Dreams, I love garlic but am afraid I would have had to scrap the a.m. toast LOL.

ML - wasn't Oney's story great? Thanks for posting the link - I had seen it yesterday and was really impressed and moved -- she made me feel like I was there. Definitely shined a light on the reality of AL, didn't it!

Great job everyone on the days we're all putting together. 23 for me - yea. I have to say I'm pretty pumped knowing that next Wednesday I'll have 30. There really is something about these milestones, isn't there? A feeling of accomplishment coupled with feeling WONDERFUL!

FF, glad you've joined us for a sober December. It really is worth it; I'm sure you're at least having an inkling about the upside of sobriety.

Jenn, you're making progress too! And, making it past some weekends. Excellent. So happy for you.

Guy, Sharky, hope you're both still on board.

Have a great AF day everyone.

Comment

Good morning Guys!

Dreams - I would have had to scrap the toast as well....sorry, but not in the morning!! :H

Unwasted - yes that post brought me right into the situation - and too many past Holidays feeling hungover and worthless. For what?! I'm going to keep that post around as a reminder of where I DON'T want to go ever again!

Wishing everyone a great AF day. :l

Comment

I wish I had scrapped it, but as I said, the Scottish in me thought I could save it. NO, I could not. Unfortunately I learned my lesson this morn. Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention, my dog is not so fussy. I took only a bite for me, but that was more than enough.

Comment

Good Morning! I'm at 2 weeks today. I feel happy and healthy, except for the sugar cravings that is.

So we put up the tree and my kitten loved it! Unfortunately he also tore it limb from limb by morning! So we got cat repellent and sprayed it on the tree and he was fine for a while but last night we put the lights on the tree and this morning he was back in the tree. It's so cute it's hard to be angry at him! I think we may have to skip the ornaments this year! I love kittens, they are so full of life and spunk and happiness. I wish I could have one all the time!

Have a great AF day and share the love!
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I love kittens too, Jen!

I saw a kitten wandering around a parking lot the other night and I tried to stop and get it, but it ran away. Poor little thing! Congratulations on 2 weeks! I'm a few days behind you, but we're gonna do this together!

Comment

Good Morning to all, this is Day 17 for me,
                Congrats to you Jenny and Mylife, lets continue.
                I also love kittens, if I did not have my dog, I would get another cat. I think my pooch would kill it. She goes nuts when she sees a squirrel or cat. I do not know her life for the first 2 years for I adopted her from Idaho, she was brought to Hamilton Ontario, Canada. She is a spaniel. Funny I was walking her and another dog parent stopped me and asked me if she was American, I was shocked and asked "How did you know?" not realizinging there is a breed called American Spaniel. I laugh at it now.
                So to all who are still having struggles like myself lets keep up the great work.

Comment

Good Morning! I am happy to say I am hangover free and up and ready for my christmas party. My hubby is complaining about getting up to take the children to school. Well it's 35 degress outside, of course he has to take them, sorry you have kids! Ohhh he makes me so mad sometimes! I was up at 5:30!

Last night him and his cousin that lives with us were drinking beer when I got home from school. I sat down and ate some popcorn and talked with them for a bit. My hubby drinks everynight but she does not and you could really see the alcohol affecting her. After a while I smoked a cig and she side "I notice you smoke more when you aren't drinking, don't you think the drinking would be better for you? I like it better when you are drinking." Wow that was unexpected. She is very young so I just said " I only smoke after nine and I smoke between 2 and 3 cigs a day, when I drink I smoke a 1/2 a pack in one night so no I am not smoking anymore, it just seams that way because you are only around me at night when I smoke. Also no drinking would not be any better for me than smoking, mentally it would be much much worse." She was quite after that but that was hard, that was someone activly trying to get me to drink. That has never happened before. It did make me think about drinking, however, to see her this morning and know what she feels like, I don't think me wanting to drink will be a problem today! Life is hard, and then you have a drinking problem, and life is harder! I am thankful for small blessings!

No al at the christmas party today, but its BYOB, no one in my dept will be drinking though and I don't drink beer or wine so I think it will be all good, it will be even better after I cash my bonus!

Day 15! Have a happy AF day and share the love!

Comment

Good Morning....Day 16! I survived the Christmas party sans Al! We are upon another Friday...I am going to be ok. I will NOT drink today. I will go to the gym and decorate my yard and go to bed sober and happy. Have a good AF day all, share the love.

Comment

Just dropping by to send support to all. :l

Comment

Good morning guys!

Jenn - congratulations on surviving the Christmas party! I had the best time this year at my Christmas party - sober!!

Have a wonderful AF day all!

Comment

:l:l:l:l Hope everyone is hanging in there! Day 26 here.

Comment

Hope everyone is doing well also. Still AF and enjoying it.
                            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                            November 2, 2012

Comment

Good to hear from you Wally - glad things are going well. I'm doing super and finally really loving being AF - deprivation feelings are gone.

Hope everyone else staying strong.

Comment

Unwasted
                                So much thanks for your support yes I am still AF
                                Finally some of the symptoms are starting to subside, unfortuntley the sleep deprevation has got to me, sleeping most 4 hours a night... but have some natural remedies in hand.... Glad to see that you are AF as well....

Comment

Working...
                                X