Hop aboard Santa's Sober Sleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry not been around much! No 2 daughter home from norway hence whole world feels like they need to visit our house.
    Busy here and nobody feels the need for booze thank goodness.

You all sound great so love to you all.

Hope it is not too hard without your girlie Molly I had 6 Christmas's without my no 2 daughter and it did feel strange.

Loads of love
    Mrs A:thanks:

Comment

Yo Slayers,
      Just popped by to wish you Merry Christmas.
      The daughter's asleep on the settee. The son and heir got an early train poked his head in the fridge and buggered off upstairs. He's now gone down the High Street with his mates and will be back at midnight full of chat...........and beer.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey all, I don't know where everyone is, I'm getting wraping and we're about to head over to the in laws (or hell) so I hope in three hours I will be back here and still AF!
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

God Jenny hope de inlaws went ok, Jc sounds like our house, son appeared, had 2 meals in 3 hours then pissed off to get...pissed. Hubs on 2nd bottle of wine and getting maudlin, I'm getting seriously cheesed off watching Avatar - it was ok in 3D first time round but.. bugger! Want to go to bed but reckon I'll be a party pooper - don't know why this is tricky - no interest in drinking but there is a sort of expectation of mood that I'm just not hitting for anyone - anyhows, yeah Anon, I think it is the missing daughter syndrome. Night all
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

The in-laws was great, there was a fifth of vodka on the bar the whole time and sister in law and her ex were drinking. I spoke to everyone and looked them right in the eye and spoke their name so the could not ignore me and had to speak back. I stayed in control of my emotions and the situation and everything went great. The sister in law does not like me but the more she drank the more she forgot about that so she was not rude to me at all. I was thinking of just having one drink but told myself no and took my l glutamine and I was fine, cravings and drinking thoughts gone poof! Love it! So proud of me! That experience is all the Christmas present I need! Night all and Merry Christmas!
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Merry christmas sleigh riders. Having a busy but sober christmas
              Love to you all xxxx

Comment

Happy happy christmas to you all and all your families. We are giving them the best presents possible this year - sober mammies, wives, daughters, sisters - whichever we are!! Delighted the inlaws went well Jenny, sober really does help with tricky family! Hey mrs busy Anon, I'd better go get busy now, the men are at the christmas swim but will be back in jig time and present opening happening then -lovely - Talk later! If anyone is in troubles with the booze or wanting it or anything, be sure to come on here. It prob feels like you can't with everyone talking bout christmas etc. but after all, that's what this place is for.
                Love to all
                Molly xxxxxxx

Comment

Merry, merry Christmas to all! Molly is right .... the greatest gift, for ourselves and for those we love, is our sobriety. Love and peace, j
                  Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Hey Sleigh Bells!!

Having a wonderful sober Christmas here.....it really is fantastic waking up with a clear head for the kids on a Christmas morning!

Money just can't buy that feeling!

Merry Christmas!!
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

You are so right oney money cannot buy that sober feeling! And mrs molly just what needs to be said when all this positive stuff is rayyling around. Nobody needs to feel ashamed we have all been there!!

Comment

Hi to all the wonderful people who come on here, sober or otherwise, the fact that we are here means that we all want to be sober, not always easy. I've had a lovely day, all my boys are now stuck into iphones and games and plumpuddings and irish coffees, I'm actually having one and its just as nice without the whiskey - excellent! It's been a long day - emotional talking to my girl, but wonderful being sober. My son took a photo of me and hubs and I did a double take - I actually looked good - wow! ok off to the Canaries tomorrow - see you all in a week
                        Molly xxx

Comment

Merry Christmas a little late! First non-hungover Christmas in years and years. Thank God.
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hi all, just popping in to say Happy Christmas to all! I posted a thread in the General Discussion explaining how I don't really have internet access these days in Dublin and how I'm not really on the site much any more but how I am thinking of everyone, and so grateful for all the wonderful support I have received here, and the friendship. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day - for me it's been quiet but that's a good thing. I can't say I missed AL at all, to be honest - another thing to be grateful for.

Even when I'm not here, I am thinking of you all and I will check in from time to time,

love Neart xx
                            AF since 13th July 2010
                            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Great to see you little one! And it's great you are getting on with your life - always know you can dip in here if and when you need to - but never feel you have to....... that has always been the way I feel about things. Delighted you are happy. Happy christmas , and now I'm off to bed
                              Molly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Hi Everyone just popping in to say Merry Christmas!! :h This is my first Christmas without alcohol and I feel proud. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!! :l:h

Comment

Working...
                                X