Hop aboard Santa's Sober Sleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey More2life, bet you feeling better already on Day 4 - nice one!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Couple of days late but I'm in too!

Comment

Welcome Woody - it's never too late unless we're dead:H:H:welcome:
        Molly

Comment

Molly can I have some of whatever you are on, I've just been reading the Breaking the Cycle thread and couldn't stop laughing.
          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Thankfully Dewie, I've gone from being an absolutely miserable cow to laughing my arse off here thanks to great folks on here!!
            Molly

Comment

You have made my night, I haven't laughed so much in ages and you are a star :l

Comment

Hello Sleigh Riders! I've been at work this morning -- and am now officially calling it a day. Have to go pick up my hubby at the TRAIN. Believe it or not, there is one here in the US, and for all you people in the US who have never ridden a train they do serve AL!! Little known fact unless you are one of the rare people on the east coast who has had to ride a train once or twice. I have only been once, and I was hungover so didn't drink.

So nice to be on Day 8!! Sara, I plan to tell any of my friends that drink that I'm not drinking "right now" if we meet up. My really close friends (there are only a few I would call that!) I will tell the truth. I will sadly have to say Good Bye (as Choochie wisely did) to any friends who can't accept me not drinking -- really I can't think of any who might do that. I might get an odd look or two, but they'd just shrug it off and that would be that. How many times have we been to lunch or dinner with a friend on a diet? Do we try and force them to eat??? It's so odd with AL.

Have a great day everyone. I woke up this morning knowing I was going to make it through this weekend just fine. I feel great and hope it continues. Have a great day everyone! I'm not even going to try and name you all -- this sleigh is just too big for that!

Comment

your right Mylife, we should have a ban on naming people - I know I nearly always leave someone out and feel rotten about it - I was (in my paranoid drink sodden brain) often left out in the early days and I used to get so hurt - gobshite I was!
                  It's only now I feel comfortable telling people I'm not drinking - I agree with you, why oh why should we feel we have to explain!! You're sounding great anyhows
                  Molly x

Comment

Thanks Molly! I feel great. I only hope it lasts. And I'm not completely comfortable telling everyone that I had a problem, but I am comfortable making an excuse such as I'm trying to get healthy or something along those lines...

That's so funny about the naming thing -- I feel like I'm leaving people out if I forget and I know it's just impossible for everyone to remember all the names each time we reply! So I just want everyone to know I read and value ALL your posts!

Have a great day!

Comment

Hey Everyone - not much time today. Congrats to everyone on their additional days. Woody - so glad you're back and have joined us.

Went to my first AA meeting today all. I think it's going to be good. I'm not religious so I've been avoiding it but I'm really glad I went.

Choochie

Comment

Congrats on your AA meeting. . .what prompted you to go? Hope everyone is doing well this Saturday night!
                        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

:lilheart::hallo: How's everyone this evening? I had a very busy day. Whew. And my friend that was coming in to tell me about her week and wanted to drink, forgot all about the drinking part so I would have worried about that for nothing! I have some presents to wrap and the kids are out with friends so it's really quiet. I'm watching a week's worth of "The Young and the Restless. Nice Talk to you all tomorrow!!

Comment

Good evening all! Choochie, that's great you went to an AA meeting. You'll have to tell us about it if you want.

I am so proud of myself this evening. We were out Christmas tree hunting and got hungry and my husband noticed a Mexican restaurant we hadn't tried. So we decided to go out to eat on the spur of the moment. Of course the waiter was pushing these "really great" homemade margueritas. I said "no thanks" and got a lemonade and my husband got a marguerita. I really didn't have a problem with it! I still don't keep AL in the house, but I had a great time and noticed how many people at other tables were not drinking as well. Anyway, here I was worried about making it through the weekend, and with a temptation like that I just didn't feel like it.
                            Have a great evening everyone!

Comment

Welcome more2life and Woody :welcome: there is always room on the sleigh for more bums we already have an extension sleigh and can put an extension on the extension if need be. mylife you sound so comfortable and relaxed at 8/9 days and isn?t it great when you get to that stage.

Choochie do you mind telling us what prompted you to go to AA, you have been sounding so determined and focussed all over the boards giving everyone support and advice, I just wondered why you felt the need for AA. It is something I have in my plan if I feel that I need it but so far it hasn?t crossed my mind. Just curious.

Having a lovely sober weekend here and need to get my bum out of bed!

Dewdrop :h

Comment

Good morning guys
                                I just wanted to jump aboard this sleigh as it seems to be full of wonderful positive sober people! (my fav kind :l)

I was reading Mylife talking about drinking friends I wanted to share my experience. When I decided to quit I was terrified of telling friends and what their reaction would be. I was also prepared to loose any who weren't supportive. To my amazement not one made an issue of it and when I eventually started to go back out socially I discovered that lots of them didn't drink anything like as much as I had thought they did! It had always been me driving the "oh let's have another bottle" or "one for the road". Another false illusion of life that alcohol had distorted. I didn't loose one single friend and my friendships are probably deeper than ever now because when we talk about stuff not only do I remember it, but I can hold a coherent conversation and express myself rather than babble alcoholic nonsense.
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X