Hop aboard Santa's Sober Sleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Boxing day Neart,Molly, Choice,Wagoneer,Oney and all to come today!
    Sober defo better way to spend Christmas!

Comment

My first adult sober christmas. Bit weird as my family were completely sober as well.

Its shocking to discover my mum is mental full stop and not just half pissed by the time dinner comes about.

Comment

First sober Christmas in my adult life!

I never got on much yesterday and wanted to say a HUGE congratulations to Dewdrop on 4 months AF!!! You are a absolute star Dewdrop, your attitude is a true inspiration and it's lovely to have you around! Keep up the brilliant work :l

:yougo: :yougo: :yougo:
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hey riders! Just popping in to say I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas - looks like a lot are staying strong and celebrating first sober Christmases . Happy to report that I'm still AF :happy: Loads of *firsts* for me as well this holiday....AF/sober parties (attended and hosted!) tree decorating, pressie wrapping, Christmas dinner - cooking and eating :H Must admit that Christmas didn't quite feel the same without having any wine (it's been a family tradition since I was a teenager to have Bucks Fizz/Mimosas when opening our stockings and then basically drink the whole day....) but I feel strong and I certainly don't miss the hangover(s)...

Big hugs to y'all :l
          :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

Hi everyone,

I?ve done a quick scan and hope everyone is good; I?ll catch up with you all later. I had a lovely sober Christmas and it wasn?t bad at all much easier than I thought and I am so pleased to have managed without any cravings. It was great to wake up without a hangover, to be able to drive without planning drinking around it, to be able to engage fully with everyone and to remember everything. I also noticed that none of the family overindulged themselves on Christmas Day which was a bit of an eye-opener.

Thank you so much Chill I can?t believe myself that I?m at 4 months I never thought that I?d get past 7 days AF when I started. So now it?s on to 6 months which is my initial goal for 2011. That and a healthier eating programme but that can wait until all the leftover food is demolished ? I?m still on holiday!

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Late Merry Christmas! Or Early Happy New Year! Congrats to you Dewdrop! Tomorrow will be 2 months for me! Yay! I wish that I wasn't in the sugar blues. I would be feeling really great right now! I have to say the holidays weren't a breeze like I had thought they might be. It was a little struggle. I felt like if anyone would have suggested a drunk I may have gone right along with it. But that wasn't the case and I am really happy for that! I think I was the one instigating the trouble all of these years!! We are all on to a New Year and I hope we will start it with renewed inspiration. I am grateful for all of you!! Love, GH:lilheart::lilheart::lilheart::lilheart::

Comment

I spent Christmas Day sober and the day after (had to celebrate it the day after because of mom working) I only had 2 drinks. No hangover no bad feelings..
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hello Sleigh!

Happy to hear that the sleigh is still rocking and so many of you are doing great! I "moderated" for Christmas and the day after, but my goal was abstinence, so I'm not feeling great about it. Anyway, I'm back and planning to see this through for some time. I think I need at least 6-months of abstinence to clear my head and see a way forward with this thing.

Have a great evening all!

Comment

Hi all very quick hello from sunny canary isles wit hub an youngest son all brilliant. Great to read all ok here b back Sunday molly xxx
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi all! Dewdrop, a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on 4 months!! And Getting Happy - 2 months is brilliant!! I remember getting to 2 months and being amazed Go team!!
                      Molly, not jealous of you in sunny canary isles at all...oh no....just cause it's grey and rainy and cold here...
                      I'm heading off tomorrow to visit the boyfriends parents then on to Dublin so I may be offline again for a while. I'll check in once I can, but I"ll be thinking of ye and staying AF in the meantime.
                      Happy New Year to everyone - I'm looking forward to waking up on New Years Day without a hangover for the first time in about 14 years
                      AF since 13th July 2010
                      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Hi guys! Congrats Dewdrop on 4 months!! I'm there with you. I have to say it feels like we just hit 90 days not that long ago. Staying AF does get easier with practice. :h Well, I'm feeling pretty proud of everyone on the sleigh!! What a ride guys. We really are almost to January!!! I'm enjoying spending time with my mom here in Mexico and looking for a gym where people speak some English as my Spanish is pretty weak. :h to everybody!!

Comment

Good morning Sleigh babes and dudes, glad to see everyone in good shape.
                          Molly - the Canaries......woo woo enjoy that sunshine
                          Getting Happy - fantastic job on 2 months!!
                          Choice - 4 months is wonderful, you guys are amazing......:l
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

choice;1029506 wrote: Hi guys! Congrats Dewdrop on 4 months!!
                            And Choice - a massive congratulations to you too!!! I forgot ye had the same date

So now, I have you in Mexico and Molly in the Canary's to NOT be jealous of...hmmm... well at least it's not raining here so far today
                            AF since 13th July 2010
                            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Good morning guys. So happy to hear everyone is doing so well. It's inspiring to come here and read and give me strength in these early days!

And, yes, I'm jealous of all you in tropical sunshine as well.

Have a great AF day all!

Comment

Neart, I've missed you! I'm so happy for you with all of your moving and shaking:h Congrats getting happy on 2 months :l what a time of year to hit such a challenge! Mylife I too find such inspiration from this group in the early days and now early months... I'm not sure but I think if it weren't for this support... I'd probably have a hangover today Chillgirl I am so excited for you to hit your year mark! Only a couple of days away what an amazing inspiration you are. I am so looking forward to a sober 2011. Hello to Molly, Anon, Enja, Oney, Dewdrop, Wagon, mylife, gettinghappy, Drifty,... I don't list often because I don't want to miss anyone! Next challenge I probably should write a list of names that I can look at while I check in :l:l I'm really happy to be AF!!

Comment

Working...
                                X