Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of support

Hello
    I joined MWO a few years ago but for the last couple of years, I stopped posting and reading and just starting drinking heavily:upset::upset:. I just feel depressed and anxious. I was prescribed an anti depressen, and i've bee seeing a therepist but just don't follow through for some reason. i stopped taking the medication, and i come with excuses when i have a therapy appt.

I'm so angry at myself and also feel guilty because i'm not truthful with the people that want to help. my whole life is just a mess:upset:

I'm thinking about going to an aa meeting today this weekend i see my therapist. at this point i'm just tired of not feeling well physically and emotionally.
    thanks for listening i just had to let this pain out.
    :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
    ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

In need of support

Hi 1morechance and welcome back, you have been here before so you know the drill :-)Imo it will be a good idea for you to go to an AA meeting tonight, its a start,also i have found by posting and interacting with people here who can relate to you is a must, goodluck hope to see you around.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

In need of support

Hi 1more... sorry you're feeling so low now. Alcohol will sure do that for you. Here's good news - You can make this your turn around point! Go to a meeting, load up on water, go shopping for some good healthy whole foods and feed yourself often and well. Get some exercise. Check out these threads....https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html and https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

In need of support

Hello 1morechance, welcome back to a safe place. Today can be the first day of the rest of your life, your choice.
        Keep safe
        KTAB
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

In need of support

1More - just think of your slip as getting you ready to get alcohol out of your life. We have to get to a pretty low place to want to quit, so hopefully you can just learn from it.

We are here for you - hopefully since you've been around you know how to find the toolbox, etc. Just read, read, read, and post your questions.

Sending you peace and strength,
          Choochie:l

Comment

In need of support

thank you everyone for encourgement and the suggestions. I will read the tool box and the sobriety plan. I'm also going to an aa meeting at lunch time. I don't feel that great physically but i'm pushing myself because i want to get better and get control of my life and not AL have power over me.

thanks again, it makes me feel better
            :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"

Comment

In need of support

Hi 1more-
              I just wanted to welcome you back. It is indeed a difficult struggle, but such a worthwhile one. Please hang in there and come here often, we can offer you strength and support. Let us know how you are doing, we are interested!
              :h
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

In need of support

Thank you K9. I appreciate the support and will read and post as often as I can. I'm determined to do this because my life depends on it and I'm greatful that I'm still alive

Comment

In need of support

Hi 1more. Just wanted to add to the "WELCOME BACK" committee. I swore I would never ever in my LIFE go to AA, but now it's a regular and positive part of my sobriety. It doesn't work out that way for everyone, but I hope you find something helpful in it as I did. It helps me a lot to look people in the eye who completely understand what it's like to live with alcohol addiction. And I certainly draw hope from everyone here and at AA who has strung together lots of sober days. If they can, maybe I can do. If I can, maybe you can too. We need each other.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

In need of support

HI THERE 1more,

Welcome back. Good advice from the others. I would just like to say that your problems with sticking with your committments, getting to appointments with therpists etc. I can relate to. When you are drinking everything in life seems just too hard to manage. Your motivation is sapped because you are sick, hungover, drunk etc. If you can draw on your inner strength and just force yourself out the door to get help, little by little it will get easier. I know exactly how you feel. When I was drinking, I would cancel appointements or worse still, just not show up at all, because I physically didnt have the strength to get out of bed, showered and dressed. It seemed so hard. Do you have anybody close who could help you ti get ready and get to your appointments? If so, accept their help. I am glad to hear that you are going to AA Meeting. This is a very positive start to your recovery. Check in here often, in the early days, I spent most of my time on this site and soaked up all of the support like a sponge. YOu can do this...you have it within you to fight the beast!!!! Sending you peace, strength and love Saffx
                    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

In need of support

why

1morechance;1014934 wrote: Hello
                      I joined MWO a few years ago but for the last couple of years, I stopped posting and reading and just starting drinking heavily:upset::upset:. I just feel depressed and anxious. I was prescribed an anti depressen, and i've bee seeing a therepist but just don't follow through for some reason. i stopped taking the medication, and i come with excuses when i have a therapy appt.

I'm so angry at myself and also feel guilty because i'm not truthful with the people that want to help. my whole life is just a mess:upset:

I'm thinking about going to an aa meeting today this weekend i see my therapist. at this point i'm just tired of not feeling well physically and emotionally.
                      thanks for listening i just had to let this pain out.
                      hi one more chance :welcome:in our battle for sobriety or whatever we achieve,it usually takes mor then 1 chance,the mortality rate is maye 17.7 percent.it has actually gone down.you sound a lot like i was 12 years ago,when my world fell apart,depression panic attacks,and yes it had a lot to do with Al,not all of it tho,more so now researchers are finding our genetics hav a lot to do with it,one mt get it in a family and others dont,and wonder why were so difficult,research is of importance in this battle against addiction,research even on your part,for me it was treatment and the many psycoligists and psychiatrists that gave me a better understanding,there is hope i wish you well gyco:thanks:

Comment

In need of support

Hi 1more, welcome back! If we only had one chance many of us would not be here. The way I see it I'll keep on taking chances until I get it right!

Thanks for the post Gyco -- it helps to remember sometimes this is a very serious disease with a mortality rate. I vote for surviving. Have a great AF evening.

Comment

In need of support

thank you so much for all the support. i'm happy to be back and will read and post as much as i can. i'm feeling little stronger and i know it will take time, but i do feel much better than i felt this morning. i'm having a hard time going to sleep, i know this is part of not having al but i'm hanging in there, getting ready to have some sleepy time tea and hopefully that will help.
                          thank you again for all your support and i look forward to sharing and learning from everyone

Comment

In need of support

:welcome: back 1morechance. You can do it. I am now 42 or 43 days sober now - was sober for 4 months last year and lurking on MWO then stopped coming on here and picked up a drink. You can do it and it's great you went to an AA meeting and that you're seeing a counsellor. You'll start feeling better soon and sleeping well again to. I use L'glutamine and it has helped heaps with cravings - maybe look into some supplements.

Comment

In need of support

Hi, and welcome back 1more. It is a battle for sure, but you can do it. One thing that may help with some of your feelings of depression is exercise and omega oil supplements - you can read about it further on line if you are interested. I hope that you feel better soon.
                              Hill
                              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X