Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there wine in your green tea

Hi everybody
    Well after my story on panic attacks the real story. I decided that I would have only have a couple of drinks with dinner some nights last week and have some AL free nights.
    First two days fine, I was working from home so when I thought I wanted a drink I went onto MWO and decided I would have a green tea instead.
    In walks my son what are you drinking Mum. Green tea I reply, he promptly picked up my cup which by the way had steam coming from it and tatsted it. I was horrified I said yuk who would put wine in green tea his reply was the same person that would put wine in a water bottle and try and pass it off as apple juice. Once was my reply. His reply was who would even do it once if there wasn't a problem.
    Anyway managed to get through the two nights with wine left in the bottle. Very pleased with myself when I said to myself that's enough have a green tea.
    Well the rest of the week not so good. Birthday party, confrimed a big job (lets party)
    only saving grace managed not to make a fool of myself.
    Last night had an arguement with son about some of choices he's been making laterly, was told maybe some of it was to do with my drinking, then made the excuse that maybe my drinking was due to some of his behaviour. No winners there and I know deep in my heart I don't need an excuse.
    He was also angry that there was no food to eat (there was) but not the sort of food he liked. I explained that I spent $300.00 this week on groceries and all the nibbles had gone in a couple of days, his reply was how much money do you spend on AL daily and there's no more the next day. (How right was he)
    Anyway not sure if I can give up over Christmas, but have been on Tool Box and I am putting plan together thought I would write plan also record it onto my ipod so I can listen to it when I need to.
    Wine in Green tea maybe I'll think about that next time I want a wine. YUK

Hello! I'm in Wellington! Sounds like you are ready to give up?? If you are there is lots of support here on this forum.

The tool box thread is awesome and great idea to stick it on your ipod.

Xmas is hard, but we can get thought it all together
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi Miss Behaving

I'm at the opposite end of the North Island. Thanks for your reply, yeah I'm pretty much ready. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Not sure when but preparation preparation preparation. This website is fantastic. Do you mind if I ask you where I can read your story.

Comment

Forget about the wine... there was a time -a few years ago- I was putting gin in my herbal teas... Much stronger than wine! I see your point-though- and our kids are wise to us.
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I have to admit that I once put Vodka in my Green Tea at a family Christmas get together quite a few years ago. Yep - I did.

Comment

Hi Fluff and Accountable for Me

Nice to meet both you both. I never did put the wine in my green tea but the other day as I have stopped drinking white wine was thinking maybe with a cup (not glass) thought about trying to pass it off as fruit herbal tea. Even had a lemon on hand to squeeze just incase somebody picked up on it. True story

Comment

I remember a time about two years ago, when I filled a vinegar bottle with vodka. I forgot about it until one day at the dinner table with guests, poured it over a salad!!!! You can imagine my mortification when someone said.."this dressing tastes like vodka" Thank God those days are over.
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

sapphire1;1016181 wrote: I remember a time about two years ago, when I filled a vinegar bottle with vodka. I forgot about it until one day at the dinner table with guests, poured it over a salad!!!! You can imagine my mortification when someone said.."this dressing tastes like vodka" Thank God those days are over.
                :H

I am sorry, but that is funny! (In a twisted, bad way)

Comment

yep Acc4me, I can see the funny side of a lot of things that I got up when I was drinking, but at the time it was just so desperate and pathetic. So much energy spent on finding new hiding places for al and then blacking out and not remembering where it was. I have found bottles in the most unimaginable places and money as well. The kids used to take my money, credit cards etc. off me on a regular basis and I always had a stash somewhere for 'emergencies" Just the other day I found $300.00 in a coat pocket hanging in the laundry. It has been there for over a year!! I searched the house for that money long ago and gave up ever finding it. It was a nice feeling to eventually get my hands on it. One time, I buried bottles in the garden and would sneak out in the middle of the night to find them. Its a wonder I dont have a full crop of vodka plants:H:H
                  I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

sapphire1;1016215 wrote: yep Acc4me, I can see the funny side of a lot of things that I got up when I was drinking, but at the time it was just so desperate and pathetic. So much energy spent on finding new hiding places for al and then blacking out and not remembering where it was. I have found bottles in the most unimaginable places and money as well. The kids used to take my money, credit cards etc. off me on a regular basis and I always had a stash somewhere for 'emergencies" Just the other day I found $300.00 in a coat pocket hanging in the laundry. It has been there for over a year!! I searched the house for that money long ago and gave up ever finding it. It was a nice feeling to eventually get my hands on it. One time, I buried bottles in the garden and would sneak out in the middle of the night to find them. Its a wonder I dont have a full crop of vodka plants:H:H
                    OMG! I have done much of the same! I am happy that I can look back and kind of laugh about it now. Now, if only I can find my wallet I lost back in 2003. It had almost a thousand dollars in it! :shocked: I had just cashed my check and went to a pub... Whoever found it, probably had a good night! :upset:

Comment

Accountable for Me;1016225 wrote: OMG! I have done much of the same! I am happy that I can look back and kind of laugh about it now. Now, if only I can find my wallet I lost back in 2003. It had almost a thousand dollars in it! :shocked: I had just cashed my check and went to a pub... Whoever found it, probably had a good night! :upset:

Probably took all their friends out on the town courtesy of your money!!!! The things we do (past tense):H:H

Comment

Working...
                      X