god awful nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god awful nightmares

I had the worst nightmares one after another EVERYDAY for the last 2 weeks. Its got to the stage i don't even want to go to bed now but i'm exhausted. I wake up in cold sweats, hot sweats, screaming, crying and just generally scared. I drop back off and i continue the same nightmare or have a completely different one.
    Been sober for over 30 days now, i've stopped counting.. could it be anything to do with some kind of link to no al, or my old al problem?

god awful nightmares

when I was in my early 20's, I moved back in with my parents for a few months. I went from total addiction, to stone cold sober quickly. I had the most vivid dreams and nightmares, and I would sleepwalk. when I go alcohol free nowadays, I do get night sweats, but I haven't been sleepwalking.

Comment

god awful nightmares

Hi LM, I am sorry to hear about your nightmares, you really must be tired. I honestly don't know the answer to your question. I do know that after going sober sleep is different - more restful and helpful. However, it does take time for our bodies to react to no alcohol, and than move back to being normal and alcohol free. Perhaps your bodies knee jerk reaction to being sober is causing these dreams. You could read around on the net for other ideas from credible sites. Exercise lots, and for me I take omega oils and vitamin d, and this helps my sleeping. All the best,
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

god awful nightmares

I just went through a spell with nightmares, which I know contributed to my high anxiety. I think it's this damn addiction working on our subconscious, because I really thought I was going to drink again from the awful anxiety the nightmares provoked.

I started meditating and exercising more than ever. I was taking melatonin, but I read that it can induce nightmares so stopped taking that.

Comment

god awful nightmares

Michelle remember too that you're going through a lot in your personal life. Just hang in there because nothing is worth making you drink. All of the problems you're having will eventually calm down. Your sleep will get better.

xx,
          Choochie:l

Comment

god awful nightmares

I think your being really strong and I hope that your nightmares go away soon. It seams to me your experiencing some major stress. Take care. :l:h

Comment

god awful nightmares

Hi Michelle, so sorry to hear about the nightmares. Do you think it could be related to PAWS? Read about that on these threads. Hang in there, I'm sure it will get better. Have a wonderful day.:l

Comment

Working...
              X