Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi. Im new. I know a lot about alcohlism because I went to a AA meeting but it damaged my brain. I heard about baolfen. I read some of it in a book and some here. I? going to read more now. Later.

Hi

Welcome!

Shiny,
    I have taken Baclofen with great success, as have many others here. If you would like some first hand info as to what to expect while taking baclofen, feel free to reach out to me or the others. There is a lot of info on baclofen as well in the Meds section of the boards. Congratulations on taking the first step to getting your life back!

Comment

Hi

Welcome Shiny. There is lots of information on meds on this site and lots of great advice.

Good luck with your journey!

Comment

Hi

Hi Shine,

I had a little trouble following your post; AL has damaged your brain? Have you been drinking heavily for a lot of years?

There are several anticraving meds (prescription and herbal) that work better for some than for others. The best place to start is to have a plan. Set a goal--one day, one week, one month, sober--and stick to it. Here are some good resources:

Stop Drinking Alcohol Now - ? Steps You Can Take to Help Yourself Stop Drinking
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
        51 Things You Should Know About Addiction Recovery

There are many others. Ultimately, the answer is in you, IMO, but no one's ever learned to swim lying on the bottom of the ocean with their lungs full of water. Get any help you need. If something doesn't work for you, try something else.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

xoxo Pride
        AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
        "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hi

Shiny -:welcome:. Here is another link to the meds page in case you didn't find it.

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Sending you peace and strength,
          Choochie

Comment

Hi

Thank you all for helping. I'm still reading everything. So much stuff. I didnt drink a long time. Got alchol poisoning. Messed me up. I'm getting better. Don't want to do it again. Very bad.

Comment

Hi

Welcome Shiny. I wish you well and want to hear more about you. Looking forward to your posts! John
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
              X