My official plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My official plan

I'm sorry too. Sounds as if you need to go further before you can stop, or try another approach. You were so hung up on meds saving you - it must come from within you.

Comment

My official plan

I have an appointment with the addiction Dr on Thurs, it has been brought forward. We'll see what that brings.
      The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

Comment

My official plan

Theres only one thing for sure, I'm a acomplete alcoholic. I would even consider AA seriously, I am only beginning to see how bad I really am. Likke, I CANNOT STOP

Comment

My official plan

EOTL - sorry to hear that you got rid of your script. Alot can happen between now and Thursday and that is quite worrisome. I really hope that the Dr. can help you. Being sober is the best and hardest thing I have ever done.
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

My official plan

Yeah its funny how your mind changes about something. I was thinking last week that antabuse was the best thing ever invented and that implanting the drug would surely solve all alcohol problems. I now resent the drug like hell

Comment

My official plan

hi EOTL i think Uk blonde made a very good point about it must come from with in you . stopping drinking is the easy bit, staying stopped that is hard bit, the long grind at times. i'd would of loved beer tonight not one but ten but i didnt , I will not let anyone convince me to drink or tempt me, no if i do that will be my fault. your mind has changed because thats the nature of this addiction it really fucks with it , tell us we are fine, no problems ect ect ect .
              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

My official plan

EOL - al is a tricky bastard. That's the definition of addiction - the way you're sure you want to quit and then by the end of the day you're ready to start up again. It's like needing food - your brain thinks it's being deprived. Have you tried any of the anti-craving meds like Balcofen? Some people have had amazing luck with it - can't remember if you've tried anything along that line.

Comment

My official plan

I agree, its such a tricky little shit.

How many times have you been absolutely convinced in the morning that you wont drink that day, only to find "it" talking you into just one or two.

I like to think of Alcohol like a little devil in each bottle. I actually picture it in the bottle laughing at me. Its working ok, for the moment, time will tell.

I have tried Baclofen, if you can tolerate the fatigue, it works quite well for a lot of people and quite easy to get online.

Please hang in there EOTL, stay here, this place is the where you get the support you need.:l
                  Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
                  :h ya
                  Trix

Comment

My official plan

It can be so easy to concentrate on an appointment, or medication to be the 'fix' point. Whilst there is a lot of help out there via meds, and support from alcohol services, detox centres etc it's still up to you - they can't do it for you.

I know, I spent ?16000 on private treatment each time thinking this place will be good, and will fix me. I still drank when I returned. You'd think the money spent would stop me. No.

Comment

My official plan

Good morning guys. I have to agree with MM and UK that the change comes from within. I've been reading Rational Recovery and it pretty much is saying what has happened to me. I have decided to stop and I'm not going to listen to that voice or addiction or anyone else for that matter that is telling me to ruin my life.

I'm still feeling cautious about my sobriety, but each day I feel stronger and I know it will only get better the longer I last.

Have a great AF Sunday all. It's so great to come here for reinforcement each day.

Comment

My official plan

Cause I ain't playin' around
                        There's a game called circle and I don't know how
                        I'm way too up to back down
                        But I think I'm still tryna figure this crap out
                        Thought I had it mapped out but I guess I didn't
                        This fucking black cloud still follow's me around
                        But it's time to exercise these demons
                        These motherfuckers are doing jumping jacks now!

Comment

Working...
                        X