Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting out!

:new:
    Hi I am new. I have struggled with alcohol addiction most of my life. I have a great husband and wonderful 15 year old son. I am a fairly hard core drinker although you would never imagine it to see me. My husband and son are getting very fed up. I have been to inpatient, outpatient, aa, counseling, etc and always end up back to the insanity that we know to be alcohol. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. My liver is probably shot and I could drink all day long and sometimes do. I know alot about the addiction and the behavior but still keep drinking. I have to stop. I like the comment I read on this site. "I love ny son more than I love alcohol" That about sums it up for me. I am so happy to be here!

Just starting out!

Welcome Frosty!

I was you once.... very educated about addiction. Been to rehab, AA, etc... but still drank. Sometimes all day long as well!

I found so much encouragement, camaraderie, and inspiration here on the boards. We, here all understand!

I have been sober for quite sometime now, with the exception of a couple of slip-ups. I would never have found a way out without the support of the people on this board.

My hope is you find the same, here! Keep reading and posting. Again, welcome!

Comment

Just starting out!

Welcome frosty! I am only 40 days sober and have found this place to be a God-send. Please keep posting, reading and learning. It is not easy to be sober, but well worth it. I love my kids and husband more than my wine, so the decision really made itself. It is an amazing feeling to not be under AL's control anymore. Very freeing. Good luck to you friend. We are here for support on your journey.
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Just starting out!

Welcome frosty! I am on day 6 AF and my first sober weekend. . .it's been hard but I am so proud of myself for making it this far. . .post and read and enjoy! The people here are great and I couldn't do it without the friends I've made here!
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Just starting out!

NEW!

:thanks: I guess we both have our first sober weekend coming up.

Comment

Just starting out!

Wagoneer;1020595 wrote: Welcome frosty! I am only 40 days sober and have found this place to be a God-send. Please keep posting, reading and learning. It is not easy to be sober, but well worth it. I love my kids and husband more than my wine, so the decision really made itself. It is an amazing feeling to not be under AL's control anymore. Very freeing. Good luck to you friend. We are here for support on your journey.
            Good for you! I'm going to spend the weekend reading and trying to navigate around this site. I will be detoxing at home which isn't always pleasant but has to be done. Staying busy is the key. Drinking takes so much time!

Comment

Just starting out!

Accountable for Me;1020590 wrote: Welcome Frosty!

I was you once.... very educated about addiction. Been to rehab, AA, etc... but still drank. Sometimes all day long as well!

I found so much encouragement, camaraderie, and inspiration here on the boards. We, here all understand!

I have been sober for quite sometime now, with the exception of a couple of slip-ups. I would never have found a way out without the support of the people on this board.

My hope is you find the same, here! Keep reading and posting. Again, welcome!
              Thank you so much! Being educated about addiction hasn't helped me to stay sober but at least I know what I have to do and how it feels to go through this!!! It sucks the first week.

Comment

Just starting out!

jennyneric;1020597 wrote: Welcome frosty! I am on day 6 AF and my first sober weekend. . .it's been hard but I am so proud of myself for making it this far. . .post and read and enjoy! The people here are great and I couldn't do it without the friends I've made here!
                Have things been going well for you? What are your worst times for cravings. Mine are all day.:sigh:

Comment

Just starting out!

Wellcome Frosty as has been said before this is a great site with good people ready to help you:welcome:
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Just starting out!

:thanks:
                    I am very excited about this site. I think it is just what I need and it's always here, that's what I like.

Comment

Just starting out!

Welcome! You can do this!

Guy
                      Day 7 AF
                      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Just starting out!

Hi Frosty and welcome!
                        You've found a great place for support, advice and encouragement. Try to stay busy this weekend and keep your mind distracted. Also, stay close to the boards, we'll help you stay occupied! :h
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Just starting out!

:welcome: frosty12

Just adding my hellos and giving you the link to the toolbox. There is masses of info in there to help get a plan together.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Glad you're here. Keep posting, keep reading and let us get to know you.

J x
                          :l
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just starting out!

cmhguy3;1020627 wrote: Welcome! You can do this!

Guy
                            Day 7 AF
                            Thanks. I really love this site. I'm going to start reading the book soon. I need to do this!

Comment

Just starting out!

K9Lover;1020629 wrote: Hi Frosty and welcome!
                              You've found a great place for support, advice and encouragement. Try to stay busy this weekend and keep your mind distracted. Also, stay close to the boards, we'll help you stay occupied! :h
                              K9
                              :thanks:
                              I love your quote. It's what got me here. I will stay busy and I'm detoxing, lots of fluids.

Comment

Working...
                              X