Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting out!

JackieClaire;1020655 wrote: :welcome: frosty12

Just adding my hellos and giving you the link to the toolbox. There is masses of info in there to help get a plan together.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Glad you're here. Keep posting, keep reading and let us get to know you.

J x
    :l
    Thank you Jackie, Great to be here! I have looked at the toolbox briefly, so much awesome info. Have a great weekend.

Comment

Just starting out!

Hi hunni, welcome! We are all the same as you and many have been through the same as you. We are all in this together and being together makes us all stronger. It's a very hard journey ahead of you but worth every single second! Stay close to us, get rid of all the drink you have, maybe hand over ALL cash/cards to hubby so you CAN'T cave in and buy for the first few days and try changing your routine, staying away from those who drink, any triggers you know, places that sell drink and keep busy!!!

Comment

Just starting out!

:welcome: Frosty. Glad you found us! It truly is a wonderful place with limitless information and caring, helpful people. It sounds like you know how to navigate your way around the site and what to do for your first few days of not drinking.

Be sure to read everything you have time for, eat healthy foods, drink lots of water with lemon, exercise, (especially outside), take hot showers, have a nice drink like herbal tea handy....all those things really help. I also read the MWO book, got the abstinence tapes, and starter pack of supplements. The L-Glutamine has helped with cravings.

I am 67 days alcohol free today and attribute it to the support I've gotten here. I had tried to moderate before finding MWO - no luck there. Really, I'm glad, though, because I feel fantastic and really don't believe I would drink alcohol again even if I could.

BTW, I don't think anyone would ever guess I had a drinking problem either...........lol.

Sending you peace and strength,
        Choochie

Comment

Just starting out!

lil.michelle;1020730 wrote: Hi hunni, welcome! We are all the same as you and many have been through the same as you. We are all in this together and being together makes us all stronger. It's a very hard journey ahead of you but worth every single second! Stay close to us, get rid of all the drink you have, maybe hand over ALL cash/cards to hubby so you CAN'T cave in and buy for the first few days and try changing your routine, staying away from those who drink, any triggers you know, places that sell drink and keep busy!!!
          :h Thanks so much. I'll be close all weekend!

Comment

Just starting out!

[QUOTE=Choochie;1020749]:welcome: Frosty. Glad you found us! It truly is a wonderful place with limitless information and caring, helpful people. It sounds like you know how to navigate your way around the site and what to do for your first few days of not drinking.

Be sure to read everything you have time for, eat healthy foods, drink lots of water with lemon, exercise, (especially outside), take hot showers, have a nice drink like herbal tea handy....all those things really help. I also read the MWO book, got the abstinence tapes, and starter pack of supplements. The L-Glutamine has helped with cravings.

I am 67 days alcohol free today and attribute it to the support I've gotten here. I had tried to moderate before finding MWO - no luck there. Really, I'm glad, though, because I feel fantastic and really don't believe I would drink alcohol again even if I could.

BTW, I don't think anyone would ever guess I had a drinking problem either...........lol.
            Thank you so much for the insight. I plan to get the book, tapes, supplements etc too. Good job on your 67 days. Its hard work but I know that good feeling will be worth it!

Comment

Just starting out!

Christmas Party tonight DAY 1

I know it's dangerous to go to my husband's Christmas party but this is a new job and feel like I need to. I'm armed and don't even feel like a drink. I'll post again when I get back. Needless to say it will be an early night. Jana

Comment

Just starting out!

I'm just on my way to bed here in dear old England. It would have been a bit of a risk for me this early on in my journey, but looks like you're armed and ready to go. Perhaps use the good old arrive late, leave early strategy. Oh and also grab a non-AL drink as soon as you get there so you've got something in your hand.
                I'd like to know what you wore and what the food was like so I'll be back in the morning.
                J x
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just starting out!

JackieClaire;1020830 wrote: I'm just on my way to bed here in dear old England. It would have been a bit of a risk for me this early on in my journey, but looks like you're armed and ready to go. Perhaps use the good old arrive late, leave early strategy. Oh and also grab a non-AL drink as soon as you get there so you've got something in your hand.
                  I'd like to know what you wore and what the food was like so I'll be back in the morning.
                  J x
                  :hThanks sweetie, arrive late leave early is the strategy. My husbands on board and doesn't drink much at all. I'll grab a non alcoholic as soon as I get there. Thanks and have a great night. jana

Comment

Just starting out!

Hello Frosty and welcome to MWO.
                    Well, looks like you're all set up with your strategy for the party. Stick to it. You will be so proud of your achievement, plus you'll have proven to yourself you can do it.
                    Go for it... but one easy step at a time.

Be kind to yourself.

Comment

Just starting out!

Frosty I just want to add my welcome, I was what they call a "functioning alcoholic" and most people I know still have no idea of the amount I drank. I was in a desperate mess when I found this site, suicidal, depressed, bloated and had a high liver count. I made a plan, covered all the key points I found in the toolbox and stuck to it. I read like crazy and spent hours in chat as well as posting. I could never have done it without this site, it honestly saved my life. Stay close and ask for support when you need it, we are all in this together.
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Just starting out!

Rags;1020941 wrote: Hello Frosty and welcome to MWO.
                        Well, looks like you're all set up with your strategy for the party. Stick to it. You will be so proud of your achievement, plus you'll have proven to yourself you can do it.
                        Go for it... but one easy step at a time.

Be kind to yourself.
                        :thanks: I made it throught he party fine, and was proud of myself for nor drinking. Taking the weekend to read, detox, etc. Thanks so much for the welcome.

Comment

Just starting out!

Chillgirl;1020956 wrote: Frosty I just want to add my welcome, I was what they call a "functioning alcoholic" and most people I know still have no idea of the amount I drank. I was in a desperate mess when I found this site, suicidal, depressed, bloated and had a high liver count. I made a plan, covered all the key points I found in the toolbox and stuck to it. I read like crazy and spent hours in chat as well as posting. I could never have done it without this site, it honestly saved my life. Stay close and ask for support when you need it, we are all in this together.
                          :thanks: This site is amazing. The plan for today is to stay busy, read, post and drink tons of water to detox. Desperate mess is what I was when I found this site. I will be close to the site all weekend. Thank you for the welcome!

Comment

Just starting out!

Your enthusiasm is contagious, Frosty! I am also new here. Anxious to meet new friends and thrilled to find a place with open arms.
                            :hello: :new: AmyJ

?We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone." Orson Welles quotes

Comment

Just starting out!

AmyJ;1021070 wrote: Your enthusiasm is contagious, Frosty! I am also new here. Anxious to meet new friends and thrilled to find a place with open arms.
                              :thanks: You will! Kind of a rough morning. It would help if I felt better. I need to remember how tough these first days are when I think about picking up a drink again. I don't want to go through this again. Take care, hon.

Comment

Working...
                              X