Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naltrexone and Sinclair Method

Good morning,
    Is anyone currently following this course of treatment? I'd like to know if there is a blog for this? Or just exchange information with members who are currently doing this, have done it, want to try it. Thank you.

MWO What a wonderful Discovery

Just wanted to add that I found the MWO site the other night when searching for some answers. It's truly incredible the wealth of information available here. I'm looking forward to making friends and sharing, and becoming the person I want to be.

Comment

Hello Jasmine,

You might want to look under the subscriber forums for Topamax, Campral and other meds. I'll try to put the link here but I'm not great at that, so don't give up if it doesn't work!

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

I tried Sinclair briefly, but I think I had already decided I just needed to stop drinking and really didn't go the full course with it. I have seen some posts in which people said it gave them back their lives etc. and they are successfully moderating using that method.

Good luck!

Comment

Hi Jasmine,

I am currently on my third month of The Sinclair Method and it is the real deal, I'm simply amazed with what it has done for me.. It has been life changing so far to say the least.

This is a good blog/website that covers TSM pretty well and will point you to some other great resources: www dot cureforalcoholism dot org (sorry it's not letting me post links because I am new to the forum).

Good luck!

Burton

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          As a doctor and naltrexone user myself, I can tell that these posts are from people with honest experience. In my personal but short experience (I've only been on naltrexone 1 week) I have reduced my drinking by 50%. Considering my many years of drinking, and my alcolholic genetic history, this is a big deal. I've had no side-effects and look forward to better results and the eventual extinction of this behavior.

To the person whose dr had instructed them to use the naltrexone EVERY day, regardless of alcohol use, I STRONGLY recommend that they do the research and challenge the dr's logic in that recommendation.

IMPORTANT: Naltrexone is successful because it blocks the mu receptors in our brains that respond to the endorphines generated by drinking. Naltrexone doesn't work on the alcohol per se, just on the pleasure responses of alcohol. That is why you are suppose to start your regular drinking about an hour after taking the medicine. If you take naltrexone and then don't drink, then YOU RISK the possibilty of extinguishing OTHER behaviors that produce endorphines like eating, watching tv or even sex.

The sinclair method has been used successfully for years in Europe, it is sad that our so-called medical system is so behind the times and that our physicians are so uneducated as to the benefits.

Jasminesunshine....do you have a similar story to tell?

Comment

I just started nal myself 3 weeks ago. I have had the occassional drink of wine with it in the evening but yesterday I had a whole two bottles. I felt terrible afterwards all evening and lousy this morning. I don't want to drink with this drug so should I consider adding campral or something with the Nal?

Comment

Working...
            X