Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Truth

:heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The Truth

Comment

The Truth

K9 don't take one persons harsh words as being the voice of this forum. You are very well liked here and I for one would be saddened to think you felt you had been driven away. We all have bad days, just as we all say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment, that's life. Stick around and don't ever be reluctant to share your thoughts and feelings, that's what helps us keep it all together IMO.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

The Truth

I am fairly new here{2 months} and I know you welcomed me and I have always enjoyed your post of encouragement, but maybe you should have thought more about those things you said. For newer folks like me, I can say it was rather disappointing and discouraging. Maybe next time youre feeling "down", give yourself some time before posting, unless of course you are asking for encouragement and support. Just my 2 cents.
          AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

The Truth

Again, I am sorry for being so thoughtless, selfish, and negative. I hope nobody here gets discouraged. I apologize AGAIN. And with that, I will sign off for a while.

Comment

The Truth

May I remind some people on this forum that they have posted drunk in the past, and people were forgiving.....even though the drunken posts were a complete turn-off to me and I stayed away from MWO for several months. Did I jump all over you when you did? NO.

K9 had a bad day....it was just that. She was looking for support....what forum should she have posted on for support, then....if her comments didn't belong on this forum? She was vulnerable and was seeking support, not criticism.

Do not judge lest ye be judged.

Cut her some slack and move on.

Comment

The Truth

K9, I would never question a mothers love for her child. We all have bad days, I completely get that. I honestly thought you were drinking, and just needed a little boost of resolve. I don't think you should let one PM from a member here make you leave, not when you need support.

Comment

The Truth

Thank you Rusty. Yes, others have posted drunk in the past, and I have personally seen the abuse in Chat while someone is under the influence. But I NEVER bring it up again, or hold it against that person later.

If MY comments or thread are enough to make someone lose their sobriety, then they're not ready to be sober anyway. Just my opinion....which I am leery of stating at this point.

Comment

The Truth

You haven't posted in quite a few days K9. I'm guessing you're off antabuse and that was a drinking post. Like drunk texting, dialing, and FB'ing, that usually doesn't work out too well.

I honestly believe that everything we need for happiness is already inside us. >>

It would be hard to argue with Popeye, Sheri, BB, and Caysea here. The problem isn't life, it's how we view life, and how we live it based on that view. That's the choice, beyond not drinking; that's the hard part. Antabuse, Nal, and baclofen can't make that paradigm shift. They can help us get sober enough to make the shift, if we choose, but they won't make it for us.

Antabuse doesn't seem to be a long-term solution for you, and I hope you'll draw on the determination you found earlier in the year to look hard at yourself and find what is, for your sake and your daughter's.

You're getting lots of strong, thoughtful responses to your post because you really do seem committed to getting and staying sober, K9. I'm wishing you the honesty, clarity, and strength to get there, and be glad you're there.

xoxox Pride
                    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

The Truth

K9...i just called your cell...please call me back. PLEASE.....
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

The Truth

Pride before Fall;1023669 wrote: You haven't posted in quite a few days K9. I'm guessing you're off antabuse and that was a drinking post.
                        That's incorrect. Just a bad woe-is-me day. Everytime someone posts something that isn't all roses doesn't mean they are drinking.

MAMA - I saw that you called but I am not able to answer my cell since I am at work. I shouldn't even be posting from here. I am ok, I will try to call you later :h

Comment

The Truth

Nine PLEASE don't let one voice ruin your sobriety. I know you're made of stronger more resilient stuff. You have my number, I'm available if you want to talk. Love John
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Truth

please do baby.....I am not even going to enter into this discussion here, but I SOOOOOO want to talk to you. Did you delete all your previous posts??
                            All I see are little stars....
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

The Truth

I'm reading back through the replies and not seeing anything harsh there. Was this chat or PM? I'm clearly missing something.
                              AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                              "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

The Truth

Hi Mama,
                                Yes I deleted what I originally wrote because I do not want to stumble anybody.

I'm kind of over this whole thread. Maybe after I have some lunch I'll be in a better mood! And I put in for the day off tomorrow. I just need a break.

Comment

Working...
                                X