Telling my dad Im AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telling my dad Im AF

Loved reading your story and your doggy is very cute! All the best.

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

Misty I'm so glad that the call went so well for both you and your Dad,
      This is such a wonderful example of how when we are AF we can change things in our lives and take positive steps to heal relationships which while we were drinking seemed impossible, I really wish you well and hope you continue to build on this.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

Thanks for sharing this story Misty! It's a wonderful example of healing - in so many ways. I am happy for you both.
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

hi misty i am very happy for you,i l wish you a merry christmas,which ibeleive you ve already had, gyco

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

Misty that is wonderful news. Amazing how forgiveness just renews the soul. I have a brother and sister whom I have not spoken to since my mother passed 8 years ago. I wish I felt in my heart I could forgive them for what they have done, but I can't right now. And that is unlike me. Anyway, so happy that you have been able to reconnect and I really hope you get to see him on Christmas. What a wonderful gift.
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

misty... i admire your ability to reach out and I am so glad it went well. where in Florida are you? I am in Jacksonville....
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

Cape Coral..and my Dad lives in Bradenton, so he is close by. I think we have posted on the same thread before, maybe when I first posted on this site. Seems I remember you welcomed me.
                AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

maybe...and thanks for being so sweet to me this morning.
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

Update..talked to my sis today, and we are going to see my dad for xmas.
                    AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

mistysmoma;1025939 wrote: Update..talked to my sis today, and we are going to see my dad for xmas.
                      Misty! Wow, actually on Christmas day? Thats amazing..... are you nervous?
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

Not nervous at all chillgirl..Like Ive said, I talk to him on the phone for Fathers day, birthdays, xmas, but when I was drinking mostly. I havent seen him in a few years, maybe 4 or so. He is lonely now, and doesnt get out much. I did find out his grandson is staying with him til he graduates from HS next year, so he does have some help there. He is 79, and quit drinking 10 years ago, but he said he still smokes, but feels ok. Thats the next thing i have to give up also!!! so we will call him xmas day and plan to go see him on sun or mon, since we are having other people at her house for xmas day.
                        AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Telling my dad Im AF

Misty I hope it all goes well, i think its fantastic that you are trying to heal past wounds, its a real testament to how getting sober changes our lives......
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                          X