Broken heart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken heart.

Oh Choice, my heart is breaking for you. Perhaps he will reconsider.......and chose another way.
    Panno....good to see you here.
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Broken heart.

Thinking of you Choice :l:l:l
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Broken heart.

Choice - :l you are a real heroine in the way you have handled this even although you dont feel it right now.
        Im in awe of your strength, 1stly not to turn to the bottle in all this and 2ndly because you stood up for what you believed in. I agree with so many of the others that these issues are best dealt with now and not 5/10 years down the line when you are trapped in a marriage with someone who isnt reading from the same script as you.

I know now that my sobriety is everything to me and I would find it impossible to have a relationship with a big drinker. Yes, this limits my options but its way too important a deal to be over looked. In saying all of that if you both love each other isnt there a way it can be worked out? Is he saying he'd rather give up on the relationship that give up drinking if thats what it means to you? If so I guess as heart breaking as it is, its not a good sign that this would work out long term.

As for being lonely, take yourself off and plant yourself in the middle of some good girlfriends or family and you have always got your virtual family here too.....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Broken heart.

(((((Choice)))))))

Comment

Broken heart.

Choice, I am so very sorry for your pain, but so amazed at your strength. I am keeping you in my thoughts friend. I wish only the best and happiest of days. It will get better.
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Broken heart.

Choice,

I know the pain you are going thru, WELL DONE on not picking up the drink or the smokes....that shows REAL strength! xx
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Broken heart.

Choice, I applaud you for digging deep and mustering up the strength and courage to get through this heart breaking situation without drinking or smoking. I agree with what Chill said - I personally cannot imagine being in a relationship with someone who drinks a lot. For me it's not just a matter of preference. It's a matter of fighting for my very life, and an absolute need to keep AL out of the picture. I hope you are able to get among your family very soon.

(((choice)))

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Broken heart.

Sending you strength, grace and love Choice, Saff:l:l:h:h
                  I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Broken heart.

Choice I have just read your thread and I am so sorry that you are going through this especially at this time of the year, it's another pressure and I do agree with what Chill said in surrounding yourself with good friends and family. You have shown amazing strength and determination to get where you are so hang in there and do what's right for you. :l

Dewdrop :h
                    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Broken heart.

Choice, I'm so sorry you are feeling such pain at the moment. If drink is causing a problem now it will only get worse if you got married. That's no consolation to you now and well done on your strength today, you are extraordinary. Be gentle with yourself and I'm thinking of you and sending hugs:l
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Broken heart.

Oh Choice, my darling.
                        I'm sorry to be so late to this thread. I know your heart must be breaking and I think you are a real trooper to manage this without the prop of alcohol or nicotine.

I send you strength and love.:l

J x
                        :l
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Broken heart.

Thank you everyone for such wisdom and support. It's been a hard couple of days. A lot of talking. We do love each other very much. I've got my flight sorted and will be with family soon. We are going to keep in touch and see how we feel in 3 months time. Both of us feel much better and I'm relieved to have gotten through this AF and NF. I'm excited to have a few months where I can become stronger in my resolve without worrying so much. Oddly, things are turning out better then I expected. I think it's amazing to have a clear head when dealing with problems. :h:thanks:

Comment

Broken heart.

Sweetheart, I'm so sorry. But you sound as good as can be expected,
                            thinking of you.
                            Witchy
                            *Witchy*
                            Progress, not perfection!!!
                            A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Broken heart.

Hi Choice,

Firstly congrats on staying AF and NF - I cannot say anything that hasnt already been said, except to say that you just never know what is around the corner.

I had a similar break-up 20 odd years ago (you never forget the pain of a broken heart) The most wonderful thing was after the pain subsided a little, I met my husband to be. We have now been married 21 years.

When one door closes, another one opens.

Good luck Sweetie, hang in there and do what is right for you.:l
                              Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
                              :h ya
                              Trix

Comment

Broken heart.

Hi choice, I am glad that you are in a better place, and that you seem content with the 3 month idea and resolution. You hit the nail on the head, it is so nice to deal with conflict or problems with a sober brain. It is awesome that you have got through this NF and AF. Hang in there.
                                Hill
                                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X