I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new

Hi I'm new. I read the book a couple of weeks ago, then ordered the CD's, supplements and topa. I'm too embarrassed to talk to my doctor, so I ordered the topa online. My husband is the only person who knows about the topa. I'm 43 and have been drinking since I was about 15. I drink daily, beer, wine and rum/diet cokes. I am sick of being a bad influence on my children, hangovers, being fat from eating when drunk and hungover, and generally being out of control. I'm on day 5 of topa and so far so good. I went to a wedding last Saturday, where I would have normally gotten drunk, but I drank 4 glasses of wine and a beer (that was day one of 25mg topa), which seemed good to me. Since, I've had only 2 or 3 beers or glasses of wine a night versus my usual 3 glasses of wine and several beers, plus some rum. I'm nervous about taking the topa w/o dr. supervision, and plan to talk to the doctor later, after it works for awhile, and I keep telling myself that the topa has to be better for me than the large amounts of alcohol I was drinking. I seem to have an itchy head and a mild headache, and I unfortunately haven't noticed a curbed appetite.
    Libby

I'm new

Libby, sounds like you are in great shape! Congratulations! You'll probably notice the appetite depressant in the topamax pretty soon..and I did experience the itchy head and headaches a bit..you'll experience different degrees of side effects as you titrate up..usually each time, but most of them do eventually subside..it IS well worth enduring as you change your drinking behavior..keep coming back and asking for that reassurance if you need it!
    You Go Girl! What a gift to your kids you are giving!
    Di

Comment

I'm new

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad to hear others have the headache too (well, not glad others have the headache, but glad I'm not the only one!). I was just thinking that it feels sort of like a slight hangover. I'm also glad to hear the appetite suppression should kick in soon.

I'm trying to do the CD's, but I end up falling asleep more than half the time. I've really made it through Clearing and Hypnosis once each w/o falling asleep. Sitting in a chair is the only way to stay awake, but it's not that comfortable/relaxing. I think I need to make it throught the long versions of each cd again before I can do the short versions even remotely successully. Any ideas?

Libby

Comment

I'm new

Libby, it's worth experimenting with a comfortable position, you are right that being upright is important if you are sleeping..but I feel like you still benefit even if you fall asleep..you don't have to 'get it' mentally..it's designed to speak to your unconscious..I'm of the belief that even if you sleep, you are still taking it in..just keep doing it and know that you will get what you need, maybe not instantly but with consistency.
        d

Comment

I'm new

Hi Libby. :welcome:

You sound like you are well on your way!

I think topa affects people very differently. I haven't had the bad side effects that a few people have (headaches, sick stomach), but it does act as a great sleep aid for me! So, I'm taking only 25 mg and take it late in the day, usually quite late. I'm not going to titrate up until the sleepiness eases. Haven't experienced the appetite suppressant either.

I really like the supplements - really good for skin.

The CDs haven't done much for me either. I can't get to the subliminal one because I lose interest in the first two and stop hearing them. I probably should just move on to the third. I don't think there's a wrong way to do this.

Glad you are here.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X