Can't believe this is happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. I'm finally out of hospital. The operation took 4 attempts and he made a tiny hole which caused spinal fluid to leak and in turn me to have the most god awful headache.

I'm writting this post as i'm soo upset. I've been given morphine, paracetamol and codine to help with my pain. i've barely touched the morphine as i find its too strong. Well not yesterday night but the night before i stayed over at my mums so my hubby could get sleep. I woke up in the morning, in terrible pain and had pure liquid poo. It passed, no more said. This morning i woke up feeling i was dieing, I was soo ill, barely with it, and liquid poo but with tons of blood in it.
    I called the doctor who said he thought it was the morphine and to try not take it. fine. Morphine gone..tummy still sore,still liquid poo.
    So as i can't lift anything, hubby drops me and my family at my mums. They have deciced to have a sort of intervention about me taking my operation drugs. It's not that i'm taking them, but from i can gather they think i'm missuisng them as they make me constanly sleepy... i has it written on the packs it will. Anyway, my mum fliiped out and said i was using nightel to help me sleep(over the counter sleeping pill) and i think she was also accusing me of taking through the day. Which is just shit as i've NEVER, NOT ONCE abused any type of pill and i would never even try. In the end she was going on about trust issues over me due to the drink which is fine, over AL people should have trust issues but over a sleeping pill. I swear since ive become sober, i've become a stronger person and i'd never go back and never in my life abuse a pill. I think my mum finds this hard.
    I have honestly never been so confused as at the end of it, they were screaming i'd taken wrong. They were soo nice yesterday and i have no idea where all that has come from.

I went to the doctors and i have a very bad bowel infection and may need to be addmitted in to hospital. Minus any visits from my mum and dad who is no longer invited over for christmas.

As i don't have enough to deal with =(

by the way, i never took a sleeping pill and even if i did..it's herbal!

Comment

Michelle, I'm so sorry that you're going through this after surgery that was supposed to correct something, I assume, since I don't know what you were in for. Spinal fluid leaking does not sound good and I'd certainly be concerned about the bowel problem. Perhaps being in hospital would be best as they could keep you hydrated by intravenous if necessary and could also administer you drugs for the pain that way. You must be so discouraged as well as frustrated that there isn't more understanding on the part of your family. I certainly hope you can get some medications into you fast that will help both of those medical issues. Sending you strength.
      Stirly.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

lil.michelle - :l I'm sorry you're going through this and that your parents haven't shown more understanding. Put your health first for sure.

We cannot control other people or their opinions. Make health and healing your top priority. You will get through this, and I hope you are feeling better soon.
        Sending you love and strength. Take care. :l :l :h :h
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Very sorry for your health and family challenges Michelle. I don't know where you are but if can find BioK, I highly recommend you get some asap. I can make some other suggestions for your bowel health if you want to pm me.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Michelle - sending you healing prayers my friend. People, mostly family, get so whacked out during the holidays! I certainly hope they chill out and concentrate on trying to help you instead of causing you more stress. So proud you are still AL though - even through this you are so strong! Please let us know how you are doing. You are loved! ((((((You))))))))
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Oh Michelle, so sorry to hear you're going through all this!

Hang in there I am sending healing prayers your way as well.

Comment

Thinking of you too Michelle, thats a lot to be going on, put yourself first.
                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

I've been thinking of you, LilM :l
                  So sorry you have to go through so much crap... especially right after surgery
                  Wishing you a super speedy recovery now... :l
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Michelle sending you big hugs and a ton of get well wishes
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Thinking of you Michelle.....
                      You're ill and should be getting all the support you need.
                      I hope you recover soon.
                      :l

Comment

My prayers are with you hun xxoo
                        HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Sounds like you're going through a pretty tough time, LM. Be strong! Sometimes even family don't understand. Sometimes they can't.

All the best

Recluse

Comment

Hi all. I'm feeling MUCH better today, although drinking and eatng kills my tummy. I get my blood tests back today so will find out what's going on in there.
                            I feel that the stronger i get, the worse my mum and my relationship becomes. She wants there to be 'something' going on with me and when theres not, hell lets lose.
                            As far as i'm concerned, too much has been done to me so she can br the grandmother to my children but no longer has access to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X