Quit fooling yourself women!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wintyr;1028689 wrote: so my friends I wanted to ask your experiences with beating this thing, in 2 days when Im feeling good again after my recent bout of self abuse my brain is going to start making excuses for me to start drinking again, its such a vicious cycle of shame and Im over it. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated it. Thankyou very much.:new:
    Good that you recognize the cycle, and what is going to happen tomorrow or the next day. (Been there done that for years myself!) I started out by downloading the book. I then ordered the "Starter Kit" of supplements and hypnosis CD's. I also adopted the diet and exercise recommendations outlined in the book. The one thing I didn't do was Topomax. I ordered it, but am funny about prescription drugs. My Starter Kit arrived long before the Topa did (from off shore pharmacy) so I got started. My journey has had plenty of ups and downs. But I credit the My Way Out program (based on the book) for getting me through even one day without AL.

Strength and hope to you. If I can find my way out, I know you can too.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Wintyr,

I envy my friends too. They are all so excited to get together and have a couple drinks and I do too, however when I get home, I'll end up having a bottle more. The worst part is when I have agreed to do something the next day with them and look and feel horrible. I'm done! Done with it all! Looking forward to feeling and looking good each and every day. Day 3 for me.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Great on Day 3 Brightlite!! You are on your way!!! Keep us posted on how you are doing and feeling, j
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Working...
        X