Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Year Coming - Will 2011 be different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is the time for assessing ourselves. For me at least. I want this to be the first year of the rest of my healthy, happy, alcohol free, energy enhanced therefore, life! I am on/off for a couple years at trying to get there and quite frankly out of excuses. I am going to do everything I can think of - and read about - to make this happen. Thank you to those who share what has worked for you.... So what will I do different this time to make me go past by max of 8 days AF? Check in here daily, go to AA/get a sponsor, have inspirational reading with me all the time...learn ODAaT, write down my reasons for quitting and the benefits and read during all moments of weakness, tell myself to wait until tomorrow...give myself a job to do, exercise, pray, get back to my creative self....write, have a plan for alternative things to do during my 'drinking hours', sleep well, join something or two somethings...on and on I go.
    From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
    But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
    determined to be AF

Hi babysteps,
    I think 2011 will be different. I'm with you on the positive vibes! Here's to a happier, healthier year :l:h

Comment

Good luck hunni! Only you can make it happen and i believe you can!

Comment

Great post! Thanks for this. I definitely need to get healthier. Although I feel so much better with no alcohol, I am not feeling like I should. I plan to get a complete physical, up the supplements and get this fat ass exercising. I know that is why I am not feeling as good as I should - MY FAULT! I know that if I do not keep on my quest for health full on, that bastard wine is just waiting for an "in". No way jose. I want to look and feel my best both mentally and physically this coming year. No excuses.
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hello Babysteps, well it sounds to me like you're on the way, as developing a plan is one of the steps to success!

Wagon, I'm with you, planning to add exercise and work on my overall health. I think it's all linked to kicking this thing.

Comment

Babysteps,

Good plan. As Wagon was saying, my plan is to be HEALTHY! Here are a few pointers of my plan.

1. Make Sobriety my priority
            2. Exercise
            3. Eat Healthy
            4. Take Supplements (to fix the depleted body and brain)
            5. Connect on MWO
            6. Connect with family and friends (doing non-al related activities)
            7. Try activities that are outside what I would normally do. If I accumulate enough new "sober" experiences that will build new memories and start the re-wiring process. i.e. take a knitting class, hiking outing, take an art class (or 2 or 3) maybe meet some new people doing sober things.
            8. Avoid situations as in parties, bars, restaurants where my triggers are strong.

Best of Health in 2011

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Babysteps, you can do it!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

slow and easy

babysteps;1029519 wrote: Well this is the time for assessing ourselves. For me at least. I want this to be the first year of the rest of my healthy, happy, alcohol free, energy enhanced therefore, life! I am on/off for a couple years at trying to get there and quite frankly out of excuses. I am going to do everything I can think of - and read about - to make this happen. Thank you to those who share what has worked for you.... So what will I do different this time to make me go past by max of 8 days AF? Check in here daily, go to AA/get a sponsor, have inspirational reading with me all the time...learn ODAaT, write down my reasons for quitting and the benefits and read during all moments of weakness, tell myself to wait until tomorrow...give myself a job to do, exercise, pray, get back to my creative self....write, have a plan for alternative things to do during my 'drinking hours', sleep well, join something or two somethings...on and on I go.
                hi B S lov the name,you have to take your time,this stop drinking thing is not easy,you get chastised from every which way,dammedif you do,and dammed if you dont,ithink you big word, YOU have to feel good in yourself,then theres nothing to it,then you get a diferent mold to work with i wish you well gyco

Comment

my grammer neds some work hahahaha

Comment

plus my spelling hahahah

Comment

thanks one and all for jumping on with our 'self inspiration' and great ideas. Still have a few days to get my lists in order for the new year while plumping up my resolve - AF of course Myself being the biggest problem...the old 'oh I can have just a couple' and repeating repeating. Exercise needs to be added to this fat body too but I'm not going to push myself too hard for a few months until I get the AF thing feeling like the norm. Mostly. Amazing how much weight have a bottle or two (egads once 2.5) every other day or so can do to a gal over a 5 year period....and we all know you do not get on the treadmill with a cab in hand! Here we go....!
                      From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
                      But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
                      determined to be AF

Comment

Working...
                      X