Greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings!

Been lurking, but decided to jump in and say hello. Been a heavy drinker for a decade, so I don't want to quit cold turkey. I did quit 15 years of smoking and it was quite difficult, and had to use the taper (patch) or I don't think I would have made it (6 months now!). Today is day one with the drink...planning on 2 glasses of wine. Will back off to one glass after a week and then be AF thereafter. Anyone with success doing this? I just need to limit severe WDs due to work and travel. Thanks!

Greetings!

Greetings to you, Last Ten! I have never had success with moderating, so I can't help you there. Just wanted to say "Hi!" and welcome you to the forum!

Comment

Greetings!

Hi Last10 - congrats on being smoke free for 6 months, that fantastic!
      I didn't taper with the booze, just quit cold turkey as I could never have just stopped at two glasses of wine. I don't know how much you've been drinking but my withdrawals were not severe and were over in 2/3 weeks. I hope your plan goes well and look forward to hearing your progress.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Greetings!

Hi last 10 and welcome. Happy NewYear. I am not sure of the volume and type of booze you normally drink in a day - so it is hard to predict your reactions to no poison. I quit cold turkey, and worked through withdrawal, and still functioned at work - hopefully you can too. Your body will react for a few weeks for sure, expect potential headaches, irritability, sleeping problems, and perhpas other things as well. You can work through these. Eat healthy, stay hydrated, and try to execise and sleep enough if you can. All the best,
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
        X