Need to stick close here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting off the new year sober. I am in this alone, no car, no support and I live with a daily drinker...He is just a friend that took me in when I had no place to live.

Good luck Bon.
    Stick around. I'm sure there are a lot of us living with drinkers today.

Comment

Thanks Popeye, been doing a lot of reading of older posts and knowing I am not alone does help.

Comment

Hiya Bon. You most certainly are not alone
        I too live with a drinker, not an problem drinker, but a drinker all the same. Its an obstacle sure, but its not insurmountable.
        Stay close my friend
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Bon,
          Glad you decided to come back. Let us know how we can help you. There's masses of support here for all of us where ever we are in our journey.
          J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I will, thank you.

Comment

JackieClaire;1032411 wrote: Bon,
              Glad you decided to come back. Let us know how we can help you. There's masses of support here for all of us where ever we are in our journey.
              J x
              :l
              Thank you very much...in chat right now.

Comment

Bon I just want to say hi and welcome you to MWO
                In the beginning it does seem unsurmountable so dealing with it ODAT (one day at a time) is a great way to get started. The journey of 1000 miles began with one step. Keep checking in and make a plan of how to deal with triggers and avoiding your most vulnerable times.
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1032446 wrote: Bon I just want to say hi and welcome you to MWO
                  In the beginning it does seem unsurmountable so dealing with it ODAT (one day at a time) is a great way to get started. The journey of 1000 miles began with one step. Keep checking in and make a plan of how to deal with triggers and avoiding your most vulnerable times.
                  Unfortunately for me right now, my whole life is a trigger seeing as how I don't really have one. Basically I am homeless and living with a person that drinks very heavy. I have no job, no car and sit in the house all day...it really does suck big time. I can only deal with not drinking today.

It looks as though you have a year today...congratulations. :goodjob:

Comment

Hi Bon, and welcome. The great news is that you want to start battling alcohol, which shows you understand how important this is. It will be tough, as you live with a drinker, but it can be done. Going sober is an awesome way to get focused and start to figure out what your life goals are, and how you want to live life, to make a plan and work towards it. It is a hard battle, but you can do it. We are here for you. What Sheri has posted is truly motivational and proof for you, that you are not alone, and it can be done.
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hey.
                      You are no longer alone! We are all here with you and supporting you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X