Looking forward to 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to 2011

I'm feeling really positive this New Years Day morning. I made it through the month of December without touching alcohol. I never thought I could do it but I have. My next goal is to get through January AF. It'll be a challenge. I'm dealing with a lot besides alcohol-- weight and food issues, cessation of anti-depressants, uncertainty regarding my relationship with my boyfriend and maybe worst of all my 39th Birthday on 01/19/11. Still, I think I can do it. This forum has proved an invaluable resource to me. I finally feel like I'm getting some real support for the first time in my struggle with alcoholism.

Thank you all and happy New Year.
    Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Looking forward to 2011

Good morning Chartreuse!

Wonderful to hear you sounding so positive! You're welcome to join the Daily AF thread in Monthy Abs, it's really helpful to me to stay focused and with people who all share the same goal I do. And not to mention, the people are really great.

And a huge Congrats to you on 30 days sober in December!!

Comment

Looking forward to 2011

Thanks, I'll check out the thread you mention-- I just started on this forum a couple days ago so I haven't explored it fully yet. I've mainly been hanging around the newbies section.
      Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Looking forward to 2011

Congratulations on one month sober!! That is FABULOUS!!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Looking forward to 2011

chartreuse,
          you're going through some of the same stuff as i am. cessation of antidepressants, unsure of boyfriend, birthday (i turned 41

Comment

Looking forward to 2011

oops
            hit post reply by accident
            no i haven't been drinking - how great is that?!
            ...anyway, i was saying that i turned 41 on dec 12. so, my heart is with you woman! (oh, and we both live in upstate ny.)
            the nice thing for me about my age going up is i don't feel weird about having crow's feet or lines on my forehead. i feel i've earned them with Time, not just booze and smokes.
            i am looking up to you, dear, as i can't wait to have a month under my belt. ...though i am truly desirous of living IN THE MOMENT, fully.
            wee haw. here i go. day one, evening one.
            sober as a judge (tho my dad was one of those and he sure ain't sober!)
            cheers

Comment

Looking forward to 2011

Congrats Chartreuse on a month of sobriety!!! I went through incredibly painful life circumstances and drank to numb out the fear/anxiety/stress, but it didn't work!!! It (AL) only later intensified my depression and pain. Being AF for 9 weeks now, I am stronger, anxiety free almost and assuredly better equipped to deal with life's challenges. Peace and strength to you, j
              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Looking forward to 2011

CL - good job on your days! Don't think negatively about your age. I think life gets better as we get older. I'm very accepting of it and love the way I'm able to see life in a different way as I get wiser!

KG

Comment

Looking forward to 2011

Congratulations on making it through December AF Char!

Here's to January. Imagine how great you'll feel on your 39th with that accomplishment behind you. I've also had to work on the age thing -- all I can say is it's easier to accept myself getting older and NOT drinking! I can do so many more interesting things to stay active and feel better, you can too!

Have a great day!!

Comment

Working...
                  X