Damn it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn it!

Not going to make it today. I totally suck!

Damn it!

Bon7737;1032629 wrote: Not going to make it today. I totally suck!
    What's up? You did great and poured the wine down the sink..what happened to make you believe you were not going to make it? You don't suck, this is just a very hard addiction to beat. You can do this, tell us what's going on.

Comment

Damn it!

Of course you are going to make it today - just remember all the reasons you started this journey in the first place. Picture yourself six months from now living a sober free life - I bet its a pretty happy place. What will have changed? How much healthier will you feel? One that works for me personally is thinking of all the weight I will have lost.

You can do this !
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Damn it!

During my first days what I found worked for me was simple non-action. I had a box of wine stashed in my closet and I was thinking about it constantly but I didn't do anything. I wanted it but I just didn't move for it. I lay down, I watched TV blankly and wouldn't you know it time passed. A day went by and I realized I'd gone a day without drinking, that I could go a day without drinking. Once I realized it could be done, the 2nd day was easier. You can do this.
        Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Damn it!

Bon, I agree with BB. You do NOT suck. This is a very difficult addiction. This is hard. But you can do it.

I do not personally recommend keeping AL in the house and resolutely avoided it. I relapsed doing that.

You did the right thing pouring it out!!! Hang tough. Keep reading and posting.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Damn it!

Doggygirl;1032643 wrote: Bon, I agree with BB. You do NOT suck. This is a very difficult addiction. This is hard. But you can do it.

I do not personally recommend keeping AL in the house and resolutely avoided it. I relapsed doing that.

You did the right thing pouring it out!!! Hang tough. Keep reading and posting.

DG
            DG nailed it there. I had to remove any sights of AL from my house, the temptation was just too much and it was too easy. I cleaned out all empty bottles, any thing that was open was dumped and removed.

Comment

Working...
            X