Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping through January AF. . . .come join in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only know the hard shell ones or the soft flour ones..
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I know One2, I can't remember if I've scene these corn tortillas in New Zealand either.... It will be a shame I tell you if I get back there and can't find them!

Comment

Me too Oney!
        Night all - have had a mad busy day - family shite and stuff, in bed now with my lappie trying to sort out frigging itunes - hate it so much!!
        Rebirth the moroccan oil was even nicer the next day, can't believe my hair, deffo give it a go.
        Cassia, well done to you - 30 days under your belt is such a milestone - it was round that stage that I truly began to think of myself as a 'nondrinker', real change in mindset, so good on you and keep it going girl!!
        Now am going to have a quick whirl round the threads, catch any goss. and then read my book and going to sleep. Am reading The Sweetest Dream by Doris Lessing and it's shaping up really well.
        Night everyone and see you tomorrow, have a lovely sober Friday evening all
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Making a note of that book Molls, hope all is ok hon xx Let me know if any of the hairdressers down here does the oil?

Choice, we better find them lol!

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

right all - i am off to bedfordshire - might check in on the iphone.

have a lovely evening
            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Goodnight guys,
              Molly, if you figure out itunes let me know I also hate it! I have this great ipod filled with music from 5 years ago that a guy I was dating put on it. It was nice of him, but um,, I've moved on from emo music!! :H

Comment

Choice, well done on the cooking, I always find it funny, when I go to parties to watch how fast people are drinking, makes you wonder if there are more like us than we think, i mean we were pretty good at hiding it.
                I feel so good, have this joy bubbling up inside me, kinda want to shout it out to the world, I LOVE BEING SOBER!!!
                I have been doing some reflecting & think my main reasons for drinking were: stress, boredom, & using it to get to sleep. so now I need to come up with some counter activities.
                my stress levels are no wear near were they were, now that i'm not in my old job, just working on getting full time work,
                boredom, well I just need to get my butt into gear & make time with my friends, here & in the real world,
                as for my sleep, I am going to look into some OTC herbal sleeping remeadies, one of my new years resolutions was to correct my poor sleeping habits & although a bad nights sleep is better than a drunken stupor, I still want to have a normal sleeping pattern.
                Well done to everyone, Molly, Choice, Anon, Rebirth, Oney, BlondeAF, DoggyG, Sunny, Firefox, Jenny, JackieC, Chilli, Cassia, Mylife, Judes, Dewdrop, Kimberly, Sapphy, and anyone else stay strong, we are winning the battle.
                "I am stronger than any craving & will always overcome it."
                "A craving will not kill me, but drinking will."
                "I already know that tomorrow is going to be a great day as I am sober tonight."
                these are my affirmations that I have programmed into my phone & I set them to pop up at different times during the day
                hope every one is having a fabulous day/night
                XX
                *Witchy*
                Progress, not perfection!!!
                A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

witchywoman;1046008 wrote: Choice, well done on the cooking, I always find it funny, when I go to parties to watch how fast people are drinking, makes you wonder if there are more like us than we think, i mean we were pretty good at hiding it.
                  I feel so good, have this joy bubbling up inside me, kinda want to shout it out to the world, I LOVE BEING SOBER!!!
                  I have been doing some reflecting & think my main reasons for drinking were: stress, boredom, & using it to get to sleep. so now I need to come up with some counter activities.
                  my stress levels are no wear near were they were, now that i'm not in my old job, just working on getting full time work,
                  boredom, well I just need to get my butt into gear & make time with my friends, here & in the real world,
                  as for my sleep, I am going to look into some OTC herbal sleeping remeadies, one of my new years resolutions was to correct my poor sleeping habits & although a bad nights sleep is better than a drunken stupor, I still want to have a normal sleeping pattern.
                  Well done to everyone, Molly, Choice, Anon, Rebirth, Oney, BlondeAF, DoggyG, Sunny, Firefox, Jenny, JackieC, Chilli, Cassia, Mylife, Judes, Dewdrop, Kimberly, Sapphy, and anyone else stay strong, we are winning the battle.
                  "I am stronger than any craving & will always overcome it."
                  "A craving will not kill me, but drinking will."
                  "I already know that tomorrow is going to be a great day as I am sober tonight."
                  these are my affirmations that I have programmed into my phone & I set them to pop up at different times during the day
                  hope every one is having a fabulous day/night
                  XX
                  What a FANTASTIC, uplifting post xxxx

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Still here, s'posed to be asleep by now - Choice, I had grand stuff on my iphone until 16 yr old got iphone for christmas and downloaded bout 500 cds onto itunes that all seem to have the title 'f*&k you motherf*&er and then f%$k your mother' and variations of same - so when I synced my phone yesterday I'm now bopping to all the 'motherf*&king' tunes to work and back!
                    Yep Oney things are ok. hubs bending over backwards trying to sort things out but I just seemed to have moved on a bit - I'm giving things a bit of time tho. cos I'm afraid this is just another 'phase' for me in my soberness and I might get over it, anyhows will deffo give you updates on the whereabouts of the moroccan oil. OK NOW I'm goin to sleep, put on the 50 funniest things that happened last year - it's on channel 4 and it's hilarious!
                    Molly

Comment

You are right, take things nice and slowly, you are still only finding Molly,so at the moment she is the most important person in your life

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Thanks Oney, I know that now!
                        Molly

Comment

Hi Jumpers!

MyLife, I will be happy to be the beauty consultant anytime...lol. Which olay cleanser do you use?

Cassia, congrats on your 30 days...I am halfway behind you my friend (well, almost, my 15th day is tomorrow!)

I know what you are all talking about with more motivation being off AL. I am totally experiencing more motivation in my job and in my personal life. It is amazing. I always wondered what happened to me...in college, before I seriously started drinking and the last time I was completely sober until now, I was such a go getter, with high dreams and aspirations. Not that I totally let that all go but I definitely didn't have the spunk I had before I started drinking. When I was under the spell of wine, nothing really mattered to me anyore. Now that has all changed and it is getting stronger every day that I am AF, and I intend to keep it that way!

Choice-Well done on the cooking class! Sounds like great fun. I will be experiencing my very first social event this time next week when we go out with family and celebrate hubby's birthday at a restaurant. I know I will be the only one not ordering AL and it's going to be a heaving drinking night for everyone else, but I feel strong and will make it through.

Glad to hear the positive reviews on the Moroccan oil...confirms my decision to get some soon! Thanks Mollyka!
                          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                          :h

Comment

Witchy, Your post just put a huge smile on my dial!! I hope your sleeping gets sorted.. I've had insomnia all my life. I think working out has helped with my sleeping pattern, and time away from my fiance because he snores.

I'm starting to miss him. 3 more weeks and he'll be here. This has been a really good break. I feel so much better just taking time to deal with myself. Living with people is challenging when you make a major 180 in your life. Even thought he wanted the best for me and was supportive... once I changed the relationship changed. I just wasn't the same person anymore. I feel really hopeful now that he's on the wagon. He's even told his boss and clients. It's cool because I'm not there. So it's independent. I was getting so resentful of feeling like the party pooper with these office dynamics. They are just that hard core drinking atmosphere of work hard play hard. He's not even going golfing or hanging out with his mates.. I'm guessing these where triggers for him.. I had a hunch he was drinking more then I knew.

I wasn't hiding my drinking but I hid how obsessed I was with looking forward to a binge. I'd hold out for it. I wouldn't even know how much I drank, so I guess it was hidden from myself. He was paying for it. Once when we were fighting he told me I'd drank 12 wines the night before. I didn't believe him until he showed me the receipt. Also that was really expensive!!! I was NOT a cheap date. That was about a month before I stopped. I was also a lot more dependent on him then. After some AF time you just feel so much better about yourself and self respect comes back.. I wasn't as needy and I think it scared him that I'd leave him. Especially because of the weight loss. Now that he's AF wow!! all that stuff is happening to him, his self worth is so much better and he's much more confident. Loosing weight... so I hear.... he sounds pretty proud and that makes me happy.

Nice job Blonde on your 15 days! I think you are just hitting the ground running. How exciting to break free from the "spell" of wine. I agree it is a wicked spell that is so freeing when we are released from it's grip.

Comment

Choice hunny, I am so happy for you, sounds like good things are happening with your man,
                              I had the most amazing delightful experience happen to me tonight at work, i was organising & grouping DVD's on the shelves when this little boy came up & tugged on my sleve, he then asked me my name & after i told him, he told me his name was Tomas & held out his hand for me to shake (so beyond cute), I asked him how old he was, he is 4 & had 2 birthday parties for his last birthday, his mum was just a few meters away, so Tomas & I chatted away & he told me about his favorite toys then he asked his Mum who had come over to were we were by this stage if i could come to his house to play with them with him, but I said I had to work, then he gave me a big hug & went to look at some DVD's, then came back & gave me another hug & a kiss. he was just to cute, I told his Mum, he was going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up, she said he is full of confidence & is always stopping to chat to someone, it ws such an awesome experience, totally made my night. I just could not wait to get home to post it.
                              anyway kids, hope everyone is having an equally fabulous day/night
                              stay strong
                              XX
                              *Witchy*
                              Progress, not perfection!!!
                              A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Choice- You mentioned about observing the way people drink. I am very obsessed with the manner in which people drink..do they drink fast, slowly, do they drink to get drunk etc. It’s like I am watching myself. . I know for a fact that the first three drinks was about getting intoxicated so I couldn’t think. I do a lot of reflection in my sobriety and When I think back to my heavy drinking days I was always trying to escaping from life. I thought I could deal with it but I obviusly couldn’t or didn’t want to. Anyway, the more I beat a craving, the more empowered I feel and I see that my compulsion to drink is all in my head.
                                Cassia- Congratulations on your 30!!I have never been to a wedding sober. The last one was horrific! I ended up falling over, breakdancing on the dance floor ( just me! cringe). I then had to face everyone at breakfast the next day. Cringe cringe my partner drank a beer last night and I had a very strong craving. But it lasted an hour and went. I have woken up this morning feeling really good about myself.

Witchy- your story about Thomas was so sweet. I love kids.

A warm hello to everyone. x
                                Be strong-
                                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                                X