Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping through January AF. . . .come join in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greetings Choice, Molly, Oney, Dewdrop, Firefox, Jenny, Jackie, Doggygirl, Chilly, Mylife, Sunni, Anon, Kimbers & all our newcomers & anyone else.
    hope everyone is doing well.
    so far my favorite things about being sober are:
    1. Not waking up in the middle of the night with that horrible heart pounding anxiety & disapointment & then not being able to go back to sleep for several hours
    2. actually being able to meditate again,
    3. Waking up clearheaded & not foggy, no hungover feelings.
    4. The fact that by being sober I am taking charge of my own life & living it, not existing like a ghost,
    5. Not driffting day by day in a haze.

Anyway kids, I am off to check the other boards, will check in later
    Stay strong, we are fighting the good fight
    XX
    *Witchy*
    Progress, not perfection!!!
    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Good morning everyone,
      Can I jump in? I always post in the abstinence thread but thought it would be nice to make new friends?
      I have been abstaining for nearly seven months but have had the ocassional drink. I am definitely not drinking throughout january so the more support, the better.

Have a lovely day and I will check in later. x
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

YO Rebirth. good to have you girl xxx
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Yo peeps!

Hubby is home today doing some painting and already doing my head in and wrecking my routine..GRRRRRR

I LOVE the sober scent idea!!

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hey Oney.
            Your hubby is painting? Is that walls or a picture?
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

witchy I like your slogan...progress not perfection.

This year is gonna be a good one for me as I am determined to live this year without a single hangover or any regrets because of drinking too much. I can feel it in my bones!
              Be strong-

Comment

The bloody walls Rebirth lol, no talented artists in this house, have you done any more pictures?

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning Jumpers, welcome Rebirth, good to have you and I agree about 2011 no hangovers, no regrets! Have a great AF day all!
                  You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                  Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Morning all...it's a bright beautiful morning here after all that snow we got yesterday. Tree branches are glistening, encased with ice and sparkling in the morning sun. I don't think I would have appreciated that as much if I woke up hungover. I hear that most of the States now have snow on the ground except for Florida!

WitchyWoman, I so relate to your post earlier:
                    "so far my favorite things about being sober are:
                    1. Not waking up in the middle of the night with that horrible heart pounding anxiety & disapointment & then not being able to go back to sleep for several hours"

--That is very close to home for me and one of the best things I am experiencing so far AF. I find I am having a bit more trouble actually falling asleep because I am not drunk going to bed, BUT, I am able to sleep a full 8 hours, even when hubby wakes up at 4AM to go to work!

Staying strong on DAY 6 (WHOOHOOO!) and feeling better every day! Have a blessed AF everyone!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Good morning jumping beans!

I'm with you all on the no hangovers 2011. I can feel it in my bones as well!

Have a great AF day all.

Comment

Just a quick jump in to say :welcome: to the new January Jumpers

:hello: BlondeAF, Pearl58, rebirth and MG29.

The avatars I use are only images of black Labradors.

So meet the real Black Bess. I use any excuse to post pictures of her.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

She is bea-ut-iful! I am a dog lover (well, animal lover in general). I have always loved labs. Would love to have one someday, they are so good-natured. Right now, we have a rescue dog from Puerto Rico (known as a Sato, or "street dog). She is part Jack Russell and part Beagle and maybe a few other breeds...lol. Basically, she is psycho but we love her. Lots of separation anxiety probably due to growing up on the streets of PR, goodness knows what happened to her before she came to the US to be adopted. We are very lucky to have her. Thank you for posted the lovely pics of your dog! Animals are very healing and I'm finding this more and more so with my dog and 2 cats ever since I have been AF (going on 6 days)!
                          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                          :h

Comment

Morning Jumpers! Hi Rebirth!! I always enjoy your posts it's great to be on the same thread with you :h Blonde, that is so cool that you work at a health food store I've always thought that would be a great way to learn. I love your posts they describe things so visually. Witchy, you sound so strong :l it's so wonderful to have you back. Jackie, your dog is too cute I love dogs. When I went to NZ I had to leave my dog in Mexico with my parents. I am too scared to have her fly to NZ and then go through quarentine (sp).. She's 13 and I just was worried how shed cope, I couldn't do it. I'm with her now and it's like she never leaves my side. Dogs are just special friends who always forgive you and love you no madder what. I rescued her from a shelter when she was 5 weeks old. Hiya to everybody!!! Jumpin' along Oney, Molly, Anon, Sunshine, mylife, jenny, all those to come... :h

Comment

Good afternoon Jumpers!

I agree with you Choice/Jackie/Blonde -- animals are just great -- especially dogs. I lost mine last year when he was almost 18 - a Collie mix. I miss him a lot. I'd like to get another dog eventually, maybe this summer...it's just hard when you have had such a great dog to think of getting attached to another one. Their lives need to be longer!!

Have a great AF afternoon and evening guys!

Comment

Evening Campers.
                                I would love a dog but after losing our 2 cats in July I could not bear to go through that again!
                                They ate lillies in our garden and died a horrible death:upset:

Just booked a mega holiday for July. White water rafting through the Grand Canyon!

Comment

Working...
                                X