Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping through January AF. . . .come join in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all! Happy hump day!!

Another sober day for us. Yeehah! Blonde you mentioned a certain ingredient in protein masks. Are there any others I should look out for? How do you know so much?? What about T-Gel? Have you heard of it?

Choice I gave up smoking about eight years ago ( use to smoke a pack a day) and it's the best thing I could have ever done. Smoking is such a waste of time and money.
    x
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Blonde...canwe pick your brains about skincare.......my skin looks parched, (I don't drink enuff water..well i don't drink ANY water) and when I put moisturiser on, it just sinks in without a trace...so I am guessing I need something heavy duty....I don't have any dry patches or anything....it just looks dull

Choice, I am delighted I ditched the smokes too...8 months ago now!

Anon, we will want pics of the new head of hair!

Witchy! I loved The Secret and the movie is great too!
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning everyone! Just wanted to check n, gotta get going to work. Hope yall have a fabulous day. Tomorrow will be 30 days sober for me. Can't believe I made it. =)
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Oney, I'll ask the girl at work where she got the Moroccan oil, let you know later. My skin is shite too. When I gave up drinking first it seemed to clear up great but it's crusty and nasty round my nose area so Blondie - we need you. Enja GREAT to see you back - and doing so well - well bloody done girl!
          I find now that everyone just presumes I'm not drinking which is great - think they's do a double take if I ordered up wine or voddie so that is great!
          Couldn't get a grip on 'the secret' - just seemed to me they were saying if you think you want something you'll get it - like I'm all for positive thinking but the euromillions just ain't happenin:H, may give it another go wasn't in the most ......positive place when I was reading it!! No itchy scalp last night or today, maybe was just a coincidence with the olive oil. When I was a teenager my scalp used to itch so much I often had to get up in the middle of the night to wash it to relieve it - and no I didn't have nits!! Haven't had that for years so it surprised me.
          Am off to work shortly so hopefully will check in tonight - I have to go to another branch this evening and will be working with the biggest arsehole in the whole wide world so reckon could be bald from pulling my hair out by then - itchy scalp would be the least of it. Talk later
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello all!

Jenny, sorry I thought today was 30 for you -- I said congrats on another thread!! Don't worry, I can say it twice!

Molly, I think dry skin is just part of dealing with winter. I use all kinds of moisturizers and things -- but really I think water is supposed to be the best!

Rebirth, Oney and everyone else -- have a great AF day!

Comment

Hey ML today is day 30 but I have to make it to tomorrow for it to count, thank you for the congrats!
              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hi Jumpers!

Jenny, a big congrats for your 30 day mark, that is awesome! You must be proud!

Rebirth, the ingredient in the protein masks is keratin. I have heard of T-Gel, it's made by Neutrogena I believe? I haven't tried that before but I believe it is for irritated scalps and so may benefit if you are experiencing some of the itches there. I was thinking that hydrating would get to the "root" of the problem, no pun intended. There is a site called Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage, where you can read reviews on almost any beauty product ever made, and I will not purchase anything now until I read what the gals on MUA have to say. You have to register first, and then you can view the reviews. They also have boards, such as a hair board, where I have learned lots of stuff. I'm not a hairstylist or anything, I'm just obessed with my own hair I guess and have done lots of research to get it in good shape.

Ok, we are moving on from hair to skin stuff, here we go...
                I have to agree with MyLife on the water...One2Many and Mollyka-the first thing to help hydrate your skin really is from the inside out, sorry to say. That's why our skin looked like crap on AL because we were so dehydrated (at least mine was, I'm not speaking for everyone here!) One2-do you like any flavored waters or water with lemon or seltzer? Those all count in your daily intake of H2O. So try to at least drink more fluid to help with dry skin...THEN...bring out the arsenal of a good face cream that is 1) Emollient, 2) Has some things it in to repair your skin and renew it's surface...the mother ingredient here is Vitamin A, it's been around, it's proven and works, and 3): Glycolic Acid. You guys might scoff at me but I don't spend a lot on my facial care compared to some. I am pretty basic and I use a drugstore brand called Olay. Yes, it smells like old ladies and has been around since the beginning of time but that's because it works. My mom is in her early 70's and can pass for in her 50's and she only uses olay products (plus she drinks like a fish, but that's another story and part of the reason I am here in the first place!) Back to skincare, Olay is also cheap! If you only do one thing, try on of their night creams or a night cream with Retinol (also known as vitamin A)...my fave is their Age Defying, Anti-Wrinkle Replenishing Night Cream for 10 bucks a jar. If you do 2 things, splurge on their Regenerist Daily Thermal Peel (enter the mother of all exfoliators: Glycolic Acid). This is about 20 bucks for a big tube, you can use it every day or a few times a week. I do it in the morning, in the shower. You apply a small dollop to your wet face, it is self-heating and really gets into your pores when wet. Gently scrub for a minute...this really gets rid of the flakies and dry skin, maybe to help with the skin around your nose, Mollyka. Your skin will feel like a baby's bottom once it's rinsed off. If you do a 3rd thing, apply a moisturizer with a good SPF in the morning , my current fav now that I am completely hooked on Olay is their DNA Superstructure Cream SPF 25 (Ok, now we are getting into department store price ranges at almost 30 bucks a bottle, but I have used by daily for months and a little goes a long way. This stuff just plain old makes your skin look good, like it glows. And my skin never did that. So, in a nutshell: 1: Nightcream with Vitamin A, 2) weekly exfoliating treatment with Glycolic Acid, 3) Daily moisturizer with Sunscreen. And lastly, drink more water!!!!!!!

Good evening to everyone else on here and lots of pats on the back for remaining sober throughout the month!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Wow, thanks for the nice summary of skin-care blonde! I have most of those products -- I just need to use them more regularly. I'm also working at getting in the habit of big glasses of water all day.

Who knew we could come here to get hair and skin tips!

I just got back from a brisk 40 minute power walk with my hubby and now I'm contemplating a nice pot of tea! It's still chilly here, but not too cold.

Have a great AF evening all!

Comment

I'm going to get some olay! My grandmother used it and her skin was beautiful.

Congrats Jenny on 30 days!!

Not a whole lot going on which is a good thing. :h

Comment

Hi Guys
                      hope everyone is doing well.
                      I love Olay moisturiser, I am 40, but when people find out how old i am, they dont beleive me, most people think I am 28-30, I have used Olay since I started using moisturiser.
                      it is really cold here today, I am sitting under a blanket, you wouldnt think it was summer.
                      anywat just a quick check in I will be back later
                      XX
                      *Witchy*
                      Progress, not perfection!!!
                      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Hiya Witchy,
                        I heard the weather is really cold and about another earthquake. No damage though... did you feel it?
                        -choice

Comment

Mornin All and a big huge hug and congrats Jenny on your 30 days - heading into serious time now girl!! Blondie, thanks for all that info. I'd say you're right bout the water - we do have a water cooler at work but I'm conscious that I don't just grabaglass each time I go by like I used to. Like Mylife I have lots of them - now stick them on my face! Also Mylife, yesterday I got hair and skin care tips, chicken tips and how to use photobucket - all in half hour on MWO - deffo 'functioning' alkies huh
                          Right off to work - hi also to Choice and witchy, cold here so gonna put on my michelin man outfit for the bus:upset:
                          Molly
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Blonde! Thanks SO much for the info, off to get Olay this Morn and gonna start on the water too.

I NEVER exfoliate either so will start that too!! Should I uses toner??

Jenny, You DID it! VERY well done!

Howdie to all you Jumpyheads!
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Well done Jenny!
                              Hiya January jumpers.
                              Freezing cold here I thought we were through with the ice here!

Comment

Happy thursday my lovelies!

Blonde thanks for the link. I will register later on. Before i buy any Olay products, have you heard of Perricone products? But I agree with great skin starts from the inside. Its what you eat and drink that affects your skin. I looked so sallow when I drinking. I do come out in spots but thats because of my sugar addiction.

Think we need to do a weightwatchers thread on here too.lol

Jenny congratulations on 30 days!!!!!!!!! Wow!

Witchy you and I are the same age!

Hi to Molly, Oney, anon,mylife, choice. Have a good day all
                                Be strong-
                                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                                X