Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping through January AF. . . .come join in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kids, just a quick check in as I am doing two shifts today,
    sounds like everyone is doing well, & I am looking forward to "Flying thru Febuary" as well.....
    maybe those of us whoare looking to become fitter & more healthy along with those already doing the fitness thing could outline our goals for Feb & check in wth each other, I need to start to look at my fitness, now that i have nearly a month AF under my belt I feel like i can add something else to the mix.
    any gotta bounce
    i will try to check in tonight after I finsh closing.
    stay strong
    XX
    *Witchy*
    Progress, not perfection!!!
    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Hi Witchygirl! Good on ya with the month - deffo when we start looking at the healthy options diet and exercise wise. Now that we are sober we should capture all that extra energy and use it.
      I've always been rather lucky in that most of my life I was long and thin - just piled on a bit of weight the last few years which is now thankfully gone, but quite a few things that I poo-hooed all my life as claptrap I'm now finding in my elderniness to actually have a lot of truth. I cannot eat white bread anymore cos I realise it bloats me and exhausts me - I've substituted white pasta with brown, and eat shedloads of fruit and I feel so much better it's unbelieveable. I still eat anything I want when I want it - I just examine my conscience 'do I really want that choc/chips' and so many times - I don't, they are just a habit. So that's my starter for ten for Feb. no more processed carbs!
      Come on folks - where are you!!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hey everyone.

Can you believe january is nearly over?!?! We have done really well. I defo want to lose weight if feb. I thought it would have come off with the lack of drink and more exercise but no. I am trying to eat more fruit and have lighter lunches. I guess its just about changing habits! Where have o heard that before. I really need to do the whole portion control thing but it seems like such hard work! Guess it depends how bad u want it!

So feb is on the horizon...feels great to get the first month of year done without alcohol!

L x
        'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Good morning jumpers

Choice i do 3 knitting (spin) classes a week will soon have a jumper for all of us!

My diet is a pretty simple low fat one, i eat soup for lunch and pasta or rice for dinner with tons of veg. At the weekend i have one day (today!) when i allow myself the things i dont usually have like a bit of cheese and my weekly dose of toblerone.... Yipee!

Have a great day everyone
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Mornin Chillgirlie - how are you? All good here in gloomy old Dublin - having a lovely lie on and then all my 'little darlings' are coming for lunch to see their kid sister so am really looking forward to that.
            Re. the food thing. When I was in my teens and 20's there was no amount of food that I couldn't eat - we had a canteen at work -poshest canteen in the world! and I used to have a 3 course lunch and then go home to a big full mammy dinner! My mum always said as you get older your appetite decreases and I thought it was rubbish. It's well true. Since about 40 my appetite definitely shrank but habit made me eat the same amount so the lbs crept on (we won't mention the booze). Now I will not eat one bite of ANYTHING without a little subliminal thought 'do I really want this' and I have often even stopped eating mid-chew - it really really works, the expression 'a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips' is very true!!
            Anyhows off to get ingredients for my famous homemade chicken noodle soup and prawn salad and lovely irish brown bread (that's what they've all ordered so suits me!), talk later
            Molly

Comment

Off to knitting class....will check in later with some Feb goals in mind.

PS I really like you guys!!
              Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Hi Judestir.

Me too. i really like you guys too! Have a lovely sober weekend all!
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Great class!!! Knitting sure works up a sweat!
                  Cassie, I too am looking to lose some weight in Feb. I am thinking anywhere between 5-10 pounds would be exceptable and should be doable. I have about 35 pounds to lose. Wow would I be one hot chickie if I could do that!

My Feb Plan
                  .1 No Achohol
                  2. Spin class 2-3 times a week
                  3. Weights/ Cardio 2 times a week
                  4. Yoga 1 day a week.
                  5. Eat breakfast (I am really bad at this)
                  6. Make healthy choices, more fruits and veggies, and lean proteins
                  7. Only weigh myself once a week (Tues) this is really hard for me.
                  8. Be kind to myself and patt myself on the back for a job well done. And at the same time don't beat myself up if I am not perfect.

Chill- I had to laugh at the toblerrone comment. A chocoholic are you??????? Well that's a whole other web site Teee hehheh

Molly, I had my kids home this Christmas and I just could not wait to see them. We have just recently parted (hubby and I moved across the county) and I have been missing them so much. But I too understand that in some odd ways it was nice to say goodbye again. They are so messy. And I just took up my old role of house maid and servant. It is my fault, but next time they come (and I hope it is soon) there will be some new house rules. I guess that is the way it suppose to be when they are growing up. Enjoy your babies!!

Choice I loved your comment about eating healthy out of laziness. And I do understand how your mentality changes when working out. Years ago, I was even fitter than I am today (younger too haha) and I got in my car after a real hard workout and lit up a smoke. I gave myself a slap on the face and ask myself what the hell I was doing. Why was I working so hard, just to turn around and put all that crap into my body?? It wan't long after that that I quit.......and gained the 30 pounds I am still trying to take off years later. But weight is the better of the two evils.

For me not drinking this month has change my thinking once again. I am eating healthier and thinking healthy without having wine in my system every night. It is almost like a natural progression. Now that I am not drinking I am able to think about consuming more food and healthier food. It is a win win situation.

So I am rambleing ....sorry guys
                  Have a great AF weekend, just like Rebirth said!!!

Comment

And for all those Jumpers I missed.........stay strong, we can do this together!!
                    Have a great day!!

Comment

morning Jumpers
                      my health goal for Feb are:
                      eat breakfast evey day ( I hardley eat breakfast) fruit or weatbix etc
                      go as sugar free as possible, (sugar is the enermy)
                      go for a walk every day, starting with 15 mins & adding 5 mins a week till I'm at 45 mins a day
                      generally eat healthier, los more fruit & veges.
                      well off to work, will catch up later,
                      am totally looking forward to Feb, as I will be starting on the 1st, so unlike Jan I will have a whole month AF
                      stay strong.
                      XX
                      *Witchy*
                      Progress, not perfection!!!
                      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Jeez lads you all sound awful frigging healthy Headin to the fridge RIGHT now to get jam and custard creams - I am bored out of my tree!!!
                        Molly

Comment

Right, am actually back from the fridge and the little shit whats just walked out the door has eaten all the jam and custard creams, all that's left is strawberry strings and actually they are vile:upset:, someone have a good ol' row or something and liven things up a bit:H:H
                          :HMolly

Comment

Molly I have just read your post! We are eating Cod and Chips deliciious-- But Mr a still pain in the bum so a row on the horizon

Comment

Molly what is a custard cream??

Comment

Cod and chips one of my favourites - has to be from a chipper tho? Mr anon being a pain is not good - what about giving him another good dig. Seriously tho, it is very hard when they are like that. A lot has changed round here, he now realises I will be gone like a light with the next bit of nonsense and so far:fingers: things are very different. We were going out with my daughter on Thursday for lunch and he was pussfaced and I slammed out a door and went upstairs for a few mins. When I came back down he asked me what was wrong and I told him it was his frigging face - in the past that would have involved a silence for upwards of a week - this time he pulled right back and was a pussy cat all day! Long may it last - still don't want to be suckered back in tho
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X