Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping through January AF. . . .come join in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this thread is great! All the friendships and the positivity everyday! I agree JC and ML. I tune in everyday to see how everyone is getting on. I learn new words and new foods and all kinds of stuff. I think we all did great this January, I personally made it 28 out of 31 days AF. Hoping for more improvement in Feb! Yeah us, we are all outstanding!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Out de country on my iPhone :-( I AM SO BORED! I'm often quotin things to friends bout other countries an when they ask me how I know stuff I tell them I've friends there! They think I've an awful lot of friends..... D'ya know I do!!!! Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Well this has been a great month for many of us, I'm moving onto my 6 month and it's very special, however I had a real big dip last month and struggled through a week or two but thanks to the the fantastic folk on this site I manged to get through it. Thank you all for the posts and PM's, yes January has been a great ride but I do think February will be even better.

Love you all

Dewdrop :h
        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Hi guys! :rockband:
          Last day of January! Good job everyone.

Comment

Hey all...this might be a bit premature but WE DID IT! Whatever our goals were, we accomplished them. Well done to all!!!

Thanks for all your support over January! Couldn't have done it without you!

Roll on February!!!
            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Brilliant everyone! And double brilliant Dewdrop - that's amazing work 6 months! Wow, good for you, and yes there will be tricky times but every time you survive it you feel even stronger! Ok - here we go for Feb. Broken record time - this is a brilliant thread with brilliant folks and we should remember that at all times!!
              Molly

Comment

Hi there Molly moo,

I'm not at the 6 month mark until the 25th, I was just saying that I was into my 6th month - sorry for the confusion.

Dewdrop :h
                Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Don't matter Dewdrop - still bloody brilliant. The months have seemed to gallop by and it'll be the 25th before you know it! Anyway, off to bed with me, I'm wrecked! See you all tomorrow!
                  Molly

Comment

Well I made my goal of being AF for Jan........yeah !!!

Congrats to everyone who accomplished their goal.

Now comes the big question...... Can I mod???? I am going to try to mod in Feb and see where it goes. My wife and I are going to limit our red wine intake to 3 bottles a week. If we drink it early in the week, we will have none for the weekend. Hopefully it will make us think about whether we want that next glass.

Wish me good luck..... I will let you all know how it goes.

Jim
                    I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Hi Jim, I'm s'posed to be gone to bed but was having a last minute lurk. Well done on AF Jan, if you are going to moderate it is a good jumping off base. You have a plan with your wife and if you can stick to it it will be great. Most of us can't - I can't but would have loved to have been able to. Now I think I would have to 'worry' about it too much. My personality would be more the occasional wish for a splurge, but the week in week out discipline I would never manage. Good luck with it, and I hope it works out for you. Do keep us in touch with how it is working out.
                      Molly

Comment

Hi Jumpers! Congrats to everyone for making it through the month AF! I started on Jan 8th and I'm glad to have made it with you all. I am in for Flying Through February! Today is my 24th day sober. PS, I just got great results back on a liver enzyme blood test that didn't test so great several months ago, and it took me this long to go back for the retest because I couldn't wipe AL out of my life long enough to give my liver a break. I am convinced the swollen liver it revealed last time was due to drinking every day and not giving my body a break. Just another reason no to drink.

I loved everyone's list for February. Here's mine:

!-Don't Drink AL
                        2-Loose 5 pounds on the low carb diet I have been following
                        3-Get more exercise
                        4-Read more books
                        5-Start a gratitude journal and write 5 things that I am grateful for every day before I turn in at night
                        6-Start planning my Spring/Summer garden by seeds this year
                        7-Have an AF Valentine's Day with hubby
                        8-Cut down on my coffee consumption, maybe switch to decaf
                        9-Practice the art of doing nothing
                        10-Treat my body more like my friend then my enemy (body image, etc).

Well, that's my list for February. I'm anxious to get started!

Hi to everyone. I was busy the last few days and didn't get to check MWO all weekend. Missed everyone. Hope you are all well!
                        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                        :h

Comment

Hi Jumpers:

I started my AF journey by making my first post in this thread. When I joined I was very doubtful whether I will make it through this much days.

Here I am with 23 AF days under my belt eager to make an AF February. I never made more than 10 days sober in a stretch before, during my 8 drunk years.
                          Thanks everybody for the supportive posts.
                          sigpic

Comment

:goodjob:Akasoto

Feels great doesn't it? I think we are on to something here - who knew there was life outside the bottle
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

:kudos: Bring on Feb....we'll chomp away at it one day at a time.
                              Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Working...
                              X