Happy New Year and WELCOME to all the newcomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say welcome to everyone that just found this site and may be lurking......trying to figure it all out......ready to make a change for the better. I want to encourage you all to jump right in. Read, post, read, post. It really does help. There are so many amazing people here that have been right there beside me on this journey. So, jump right in - this is the place to be.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WELCOME TO A BETTER WAY OF LIFE. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

NoraC;1032819 wrote: I just wanted to say welcome to everyone that just found this site and may be lurking......trying to figure it all out......ready to make a change for the better. I want to encourage you all to jump right in. Read, post, read, post. It really does help. There are so many amazing people here that have been right there beside me on this journey. So, jump right in - this is the place to be.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WELCOME TO A BETTER WAY OF LIFE. :h
    :goodjob: nora c and welcome to everybody we can do it

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'v never felt more welcomed on the internet in my life! Thank you.
      Alex

AF: 01/02/2011

Comment

Hi,
        I just signed up for this and am not sure how these threads work; I 've never joined anything like this before. What is a trackback?
        I tried to bring the "I'm new here" icon to this text but this is what I get:new: What am I doing wrong?
        Well here it is after two o'clock in the morning and I have successfully made it through day one of my resolution to quit drinking like a fish. Not a drop since New Year's Eve. I can't remember the last time I had a day without alcohol.

Comment

Hi newme2011, and welcome. You have made the most important first step. When you are comfortable, let us know a little more about you, and your problem with alcohol. We are here to help. You can do it, one day at a time.
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hello and :welcome: newme2011 and pathlesstraveled. This is a great forum to share your experiences and learn from many of us who have walked in your shoes. This is a new year when many make resolutions to get a handle on their lives and tackle the demons that are controlling them. Coming here is a great first step. Read, post, and participate. You won't regret it. The rewards are phenomenal.

Good Luck!
            John
            John
            AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Hello and thank you for this thread! A new year, a new decade a fresh start!

Happy New Year!
              While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thank you NoraC, and welcome Newme!

Comment

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
                  This is about the best place in the world to be if you want to quit drinking,
                  The wealth of knowledge and experience is endless, no matter what your issues someone here can help. The support is emmense and the feeling of community and camaraderie is second to none. Most of all, I'm always astounded by the love and compassion in the hearts of the members here. If you are out there lurking, come and join us......:l
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello and Welcome!

This is a great site if you feel you have a drinking problem. One thing I've found is that there is not a lot of knowledge in the general public about Alcohol and treatments for it! Everyone just says "AA", and that's all they really know. There is a valuable wealth of information here (including AA!) and it really helps along with the wonderful support on the site, to help you achieve your goals!

Have a great day!

Comment

Yep Christmas is over........Time to look forward to a Happy and Sober New Year ! Tony ( That's a Ginger ale he's drinking ! ha!)
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                      X