Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Mod w/2 drinks yesterday knowing I was going AF today (about as AF as I've been in over a year)...Unfortunately the 2 drinks did not allow me a wink of sleep and today I have some anxiety and not being interested in much. Hope that's normal? Nevertheless, no turning back now. Too much on the line for 2011 and I find no fun and only hurt with drinking. I can finally admit, and not rationalize, that I can not find peace at the bottom of a glass. Good luck all with your journey and a happy new year!

Day 1

Hi there, congratulations and Happy New Year! Yes, the anxiety and lack of interest is "normal." Just putz around and rest if you can. Take it slow and easy today. Wishing you only the best in your sober journey, j
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Day 1

Peace and strenght Last!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Day 1

I've stopped drinking twice in the last year and for me the first couple of days were difficult-- low mood, difficulty concentrating, and even some nausea. I slept a lot, drank a lot of water, watched too much TV, waited it out and it got better. I'm pretty sure it will get better for you too. You can do this.
        Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Day 1

Hi Last, hang in there. You are so right, when you say there is no happiness, and I will add no answers, in the bottom of a glass or bottle. One day at a time. Do you have a plan or a goal? Let us know so we can help.
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Day 1

last10years;1032855 wrote: I can finally admit, and not rationalize, that I can not find peace at the bottom of a glass.
            Last10Years -You are so right. There is no peace at the bottom of a glass or wine bottle. The only things I ever found there were shame, regret, unhappiness and turmoil. Good luck to you in your journey. This community is here to support you.

Best Wishes,
            John
            John
            AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Day 1

Hi last,

I am only eleven days into this myself and found the first two days v difficult but it does get easier. I also found that I seemed to focus on drink way more than I did when I knew I was getting my weekly fix! I suppose that's the greed...wanting what u cany have.

Good luck and it will get easier. It did for me in the last five days.

L x
              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Day 1

Last, you sound like you are determine!. I wish you well on your journey. You are right that there is no peace at the bottom of a wine glass. As you already know, quitting is not easy. No matter what happens, don't give up. It is well worth it!

Peace and strength to you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Day 1

I don't want to be self centered, but I am quite excited! Day 3 and I'm very pleased. Day 1 and 2 were quite uncomfortable. Now just a bit sleepy during the day with some minor cramping, but no big deal...at least I don't feel shame or depressed (Cassia - you are right...I can't believe how much I think about it now...never did before!). Back to work tomorrow and I think I should do okay...Oh, and I can't even explain how clear I can think again (at least at times)! Thanks for the support. I know even though I am experiencing some minor effects, I am in the honeymoon phase. I guess next up to bat is the renewed and very powerful urges for wine. Bring it on! I'll check back in later...what a great group of people and support! I hope when I have some further success, I can be of hope and help to others.

Comment

Day 1

Yay for you L10!! So happy for you. It only gets better. Lots of lemon water and Kudzu when I felt wine's pull. Wine is my poison too. I am now just over 2 months sober and if I can do it, you can do it You are not self-centered at all. 3 days is wonderful. I was amazed when I got that far and kept adding on days. And everyone here is so supportive. I'm glad you're here and we can help you get through that "honeymoon phase". It's certainly not all wine and roses, but life is so much more awesome without the veil of wine clouding your sight. Good luck friend!
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Day 1

Congratulations L10yrs! The chaos begins to go away when you get more and more AF days behind you. Keep it up!
                      While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Day 1

This is going to be my first day...Im scared ..I,ve been drinking everyday for 10 years..Wine

Comment

Day 1

:new::new::upset:

Comment

Day 1

Wine is my poison too. I'm back to day and i fel anxious and a bit shakey but it usually passes by day 3 or 4. Sick of being sick. Heres to a happy and healthy January.

Comment

Working...
                            X