IM NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM NEW

MY FIRST DAY ON MWO. 3 DAYS DRY. I REALLY MESSED UP NEW YEARS. I TIED ON A GOOD ONE AND NOW MY MARRAGE MAY BE OVER. HOW DO I KEEP FROM RELAPSING??? I CAN STAY DRY FOR WEEKS BUT I ALWAYS FALL OFF. CAN THIS WEBSITE REALLY HELP??

IM NEW

Hello Gus

Welcome to MWO, and well done on day 3. Have you downloaded the book? If not I would recommed that you do. There is so much information and support here, stay close, read and post. I have found this site to be the one thing that has enabled me to take serious strides in getting sober. Looking forward to getting to know you!
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

IM NEW

:welcome: Gus,
      Just saying my hellos, won't overload you with to much info at the moment. Take a look in the tool box link below. Masses of info and advice in there.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Keep posting, keep reading and let us get to know you.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

IM NEW

:welcome: Gus,

You have found a good place to support you if you truly want to stay AF, take it ODAT, drink lots of water with fresh lemon squeezed in it to detox your liver and take a look at the supplements, the best advice is to get 30 days AF under your belt and then take it from there.

I'm sure more people will jump on board with advice, I just wanted to say Hi and looking forward to getting to know you.

Dewdrop :h
        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

IM NEW

Hi Gus, and welcome. Ditto to all the above, get another couple of days under your belt and you've no idea how good you will feel. What's done is done, bar grovelling there is probably nothing you can do for your marriage right now except not drink. I'm in the same position myself! Keep reading around and posting, I repeat myself a lot on this point, but not only can this website help, it has probably saved my life. Give it a go - you've nothing to lose and everything to gain
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

IM NEW

Welcome Gus!

You can download the book from the health store at the top of this page.
            Drink lots of water. Take supplements. Eat well. Exercise. Make a plan and work it and stick to it!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

IM NEW

Hi Gus, this site has helped me alot to stay AF, but I had to do the work..not picking up the glass of wine Etc. You can remain free of A if you really want to, and the folks on here will be right there with you to encourage and support you. I highly recommend following what the senior members have to advise. Welcome and great job so far on 3 days.
              AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

IM NEW

Sounds Familiar

I also screwed my New Years. Wow did I !
                New as well Hope this works!

Comment

IM NEW

Welcome both.

You've made a great start by not drinking for a few days and signing up here.

A word of caution - when you say "Hope this (site) works" - please remember that going AF is an active process. You will not become AF by being passive. There is more useful info and support here than you can shake a stick at but you need to embrace your sobriety with both hands and be prepared to 'work it'. Everyone here will help you with that.

Look forward to getting to know you.
                  Congrats on taking the first steps.
                  Bean

Comment

IM NEW

Hello Gus and Welcome!

You have come to a wonderful place, and your life will only get better as a result of giving up Alcohol. There is loads of support here, and as I'm fairly new, too I don't have lots of experience, but I've noticed those who are successful have made a real committment to change their lives for the better.

Good luck on your journey!

Comment

IM NEW

Hi Gus,

Welcome, there is so much support here it's incredible but like Bean said, the heavy lifting is going to have to be on your shoulders. If you really want to do it we can help.

Good Luck
                      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

IM NEW

:welcome:

Welcome Gus! Good to have you on MWO! Read and explore, post when you need to. The site has helped me TONS, but like Bean said, the site won't do it by itself! Make a decision to not go back to AL, and continue to make that decision every day, one day at a time!

Comment

IM NEW

:welcome: Gus! It's a new year and a great time to start the rest of your life :l:h Coming to a place like this will be a wonderful way to find support from people who have been there done that... It just gets really old after a while upsetting the ones we love doesn't it? At the end of my drinking I didn't even find it fun anymore... just a blurry mess. Good luck to you Gus :l

Comment

IM NEW

Welcome Gus. Make the commitment to stop and go for it. Look forward to hearing more from you!
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

IM NEW

Hi Gus & Kindle,

Welcome both of you to MWO!
                              Read the book, make your plans & make a firm commitment to stop drinking! It's hard but you can do it, lots of us have

Best wishes!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X