X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 and what a grump

WGB! How you doing?
    AF Since January 02, 2011

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.
    ? Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

Hi Shen

sitting here drinking lemon water. Heading into day 8 (yaa) I had to turn down an invitation to go out with friends tonight.....too tempting.

How are you doing?
      I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

So far so good! I was drinking Raspberry Zinger iced tea. :H
        I was thinking about the irritation/grumpiness thing. I think my brain is trying to trick me into drinking. AL had been my go-to for almost all emotions. Joy, fear, pain, sorrow...
        Now I've cut it off and it was sending the signal "Just have a GD drink. You'll feel so much better. Hard to explain I guess. Anyway today was easier, every day has been.

Glad to hear you are going strong!
        Shen

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

Day 5 is almost over and I am looking forward to a weekend free of AL and nasty hangovers!!

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

Me too! (both points) Did you get grumpy Laurel?

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

Good for you! When I quit drinking for the second time I had definite withdrawal symptoms, including extreme moodiness. Those symptoms have subsided and I am feeling more emotionally stable then I have for a long time. Drinking is so depressing!
              Hopefully you feel wonderful soon! This is such a great site for help getting through the rough patches.

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

Hello WineB and all others! Sounds like everyone is doing great. I have found that the first week of not drinking it's a good idea for me to have as little interaction with others as possible as I do tend to get moody and grumpy! But really, it's kind of the same with a diet or anything else that makes me feel deprived.

Anyway, I'm feeling great and now on day 12. Hang in there all!

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

Phew glad to hear it's not only me going through the grumps I'm on day 2 AF and am starting to feel a bit edgy, I would normally have had a couple of glasses of wine by this time of day but am sticking to green tea. Thinking of buying some L-Glut tomorrow. Does this really help? x

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

Hi Chelsea,
                    Yes the L-glut helps and for me the GABA calms my agitation and anxiety. Hang in there. Days three through five were the worst for me. You WILL feel better with time.

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

I was a huge grump today too and it's day 3 (again) for me and had a horrible day at work!! I was going to eat a ton of ice cream and fries to take ace of AL to make me feel better. But instead I vented to my best friend (my biggest supporter), had a good cry, some L-glutamine, valerian and some chamomile tea. I think I'm good. Best of luck to you. We can do this!!! ODAT.

Comment

Day 3 and what a grump

Thanks Shen,
                        I will go and get some L-glut as so many seem to think it helps.
                        On day 4 now still feeling grumpy but am getting there. Not sure how the weekend will pan out as am going out with the girls, maybe not such a good idea lol. x

Comment

Working...
                        X