Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a good way to approach a doctor about a baclofen prescription. Have people here found that physicians are generally open to reading Amieson's book? I've never actually given the name of a website to a doctor before.... The idea seems strange to me.... I would really like to try Baclofen as soon as possible. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone

Emulsified - welcome. You might want to go to this thread to ask your question. Also, I know Sunnyvelenting has had great luck with Balcofen so you might send a PM if you find a post by Sunny.

Start here:

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Good luck!
    KG

Comment

Hello everyone

Thanks KundaliniGirl!

Comment

Hello everyone

Welcome, Emulsified!:welcome:

I've had great success on Baclofen but I did not approach my doctor...I went online to get it. I figured if my doctor had not even heard of Campral than she wouldn't have heard of Baclofen either. Don't assume your doctor will have time to read Dr. A's book. Do your research on Bac, print out some helpful information....highlight it, and show it to your doctor. If not, there are a number of online pharmacies: Goldpharma, 4Rx, Alldaychemist, etc.

Like KudaliniGirl said, go to the Meds Forum and click on Baclofen. Click on these people's names for success stories: Sunnyvalenting, Tiptronic, LoOp, ...just to name a few. There are many of us who have had success.

Good luck in your journey!

Comment

Hello everyone

Hi hunni, just go to your doctor and be comepletely honest. The worst thing he/she can say is no THEN you can come home and buy it online.
          Good luck Xxx

Comment

Hello everyone

I bought mine online but haven't received it yet. I know my doc will support me and I might go to him later if it works for me. But I work in a small community hospital and though he knows my struggles with AL and anxiety/depression, I work with him and it's so very embarrassing for me. I haven't ruled out sharing my progress with him but would like to have some evidence before I approach him. Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
            X