Finishing day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing day 4

I don't have much to say for myself today, other than the fact I'm happy to have made it through the day. It's not so much that I crave drinking. It's more that I don't know how to fill that strange "void" feeling. Maybe it will go away by itself over time.

Bzz.

Finishing day 4

It does go away over time. You have to replace it with new habits. I rearranged my common drinking spots, my room, the computer desk, and put them in different spots in my house so every thing is different it's not just me that is different. . .does that make since? Well it worked for me. There are no memories or thoughts of when I used to drink here.
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Finishing day 4

Yes, Bee.. that void feeling will go away. Arm yourself with a couple of books you've been wanting to read, a couple of movies, comfort food, etc... make a party of it

Btw... if you want something to brighten your mood... watch "Dinner for Schmucks" - it's hilarious!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Finishing day 4

x-post Jenny

Great idea - never thought of it!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Finishing day 4

sunshine_gg;1035037 wrote: Btw... if you want something to brighten your mood... watch "Dinner for Schmucks" - it's hilarious!
          Oh, i love a good comedy, thanks sunshine
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Finishing day 4

:thanks: Jenny and Sunshine. I'll just have to keep busy, I guess, until it wears off.

Bzz.

Comment

Finishing day 4

Yeah Bzz thats normal - I usually find myself either smoking ridiculous amounts of fags or eating loads a few days in - am doing both today as I'm day 3. I am trying not to and reading some recovery literature online, can't do much else as still feeling dizzy and crappy from withdrawals. Definitely get some nice healthy food in you and drink lots of water and tea (herbal if you have it). Or yes Sunny, you could pig out and watch a movie
              Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Finishing day 4

day four for me too, bzzbee. good for us. i'm busy taking care of my child -sober- so i have to be quick tho i'd love to spend hours here. unlike you, i don't have a void feeling, but i have a grouchy as a february bear feeling inside. i want to tear things apart, expecially my rude, obnoxious, entitled, half-brained middle-school students who have been driving me nuts in my first days sober. now i know why i drank... just kidding (sorta). let's stay strong. glad we're in this together.
                xo rudyb

Comment

Working...
                X