Well, day one is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, day one is over

I've been through this many times but never told anyone except my wife and sometimes
    I would not tell her as I did not want to feel the pain of her seeing me fail...again.
    So, I'm trying again and found this sight and have already used the surfing trick to move urge to drink out of my mind. I have been drinking a lot of hard AL for years. Built up a tolerance that has become frightening. Last night I had trouble sleeping and got a little sweaty but I would hardly call it withdrawl. (sp?) I may be lucky. Other than booze I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle. I really feel in my heart "the time is now" to quit.
    Thanks for all the time, spirit and energy everyone is putting forward here.

Wish US ALL luck!
    AF Since January 02, 2011

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.
    ? Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers

Well, day one is over

Great job Shen!!! Just keep reading & posting. Lots of great information here and wonderful, supportive people. :welcome:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well, day one is over

Welcome Shen!

I'm just starting out, so I probably won't be much use to you, but there are loads of really great and experienced people here who can help you, I'm sure. Take care.

Bzz.

Comment

Well, day one is over

Good for you Shen....Do it hour by hour if needs be....

Onwards and upwards to Day 2!
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Well, day one is over

well done shen - glad you haven't had any worse withdrawal symptoms. Great job on day 1
          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Well, day one is over

Welcome and well done, Shen
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Well, day one is over

welcome shen...... I am only 3 days ahead of you. You can do it !!!!! Lets all stick together.

Jim
              I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Well, day one is over

Thank you Nora, Bzz (help can come from unexpected places) , One2Many, Sunshine and Kimberley (for knowing how to spell withdrawal) for the awesome welcome!

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.

Comment

Well, day one is over

Thanks Jim! Sounds good.

Comment

Well, day one is over

Hi Shen,

Welcome to MWO! This is a great place & you'll find lots of company & support.

Be sure to read the MWO book, you can download it from the Health Store above.
                    Also, look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan.

Congrats on your decision to quit drinking & for your first AF day. Keep up the great work

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well, day one is over

Thanks Lav. I'm buying the download!

Comment

Well, day one is over

Nice job Shen. I have a similar story to yours....on day 4 now. A little more sleep, a little less sweating. I'm able to concentrate more now. Strange symptom lately are my senses are working over load...I swear I can hear things at 3 times the distance as before. Wierd, but I can tell my body is feeling better and getting rid of the poison. Not wanting to tell my story on your post, but want you to know that I drank A LOT for over a decade and I'm making it through and I know you can too. Keep it up!

Comment

Well, day one is over

Congrats on 4 days! Right now I'm sensing a headache. :H And thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Well, day one is over

Great job on day one! Good to have you here to share the journey!
                            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Well, day one is over

:welcome: Shen
                              Sounds like somethings changed this time, I always say we had to have every last drink to finally get us to that place where enough is enough, I hope you are there.
                              I suffered sleeplessness for about 6 weeks which has now been replaced by the best sleeps I've ever had in my life so hang on in there. For me the night swears lasted less than a week.

It's great to see so many positive newcomers to MWO, there is strength in numbers and together we can do this!
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X