My drinking arm has tennis elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True story. Do you start with the sneaky messages in your head saying just have one.
    That will make you feel better. Then one leads to a bottle and so on.
    My elbow hurts, my hand(glass) has been closest to my mouth for the last two weeks it has kissed me more than my partner. (that is sad) I am so close to divorce with wine and enjoying partner again.
    Even having a game of real tennis.
    Love to you all

Oh Yeah, just one or two. Maybe I'll stop at three so I better mix it really strong. Well, what harm is four now? And so it goes.
    AF Since January 02, 2011

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.
    ? Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers

Comment

Yep the old "I"ll just have a couple" chat, never just had two in my life, never will.
      When that voice starts in your head, tell it to go **** itself! You're not going to listen to that shit any more or drink the poison that distorts your mind, leaves you feeling sad and depressed not to mention hungover, dehydrated and bloated!
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Yea...just one....oh what the heck, might as well finish the bottle now, wouldn't want to have an open bottle of wine in the fridge, gawd forbid.

Tell your (wine) drinking glass....the love affair is over!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

The whole blasted mess always starts with the first one doesn't it? I agree with Chill on what the voice can do to itself.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I use to always fold like a beach chair for one.

Comment

Eee i'm more then aware of all of that.. one glass wouldn't hurt... a bottle,hangover later... what was the point in that?
              I can prove that i can have one glass and put the bottle down... uhhh no never. I still battle these thoughts daily =( I'm just aware that it's complete bulls*** and more then aware how i'll after i sober up.
              Just a glass
              I'll quit tomorrow
              It'll not hurt anyone
              I'm in control
              everyone does it
              I deserve it cause i've had a good day/bad day/long day/short day/boring day/stressful day
              My list and excuses were miles long. No matter what, they'd be a good enough reason for me to drink.

Comment

I liken this to people who say they have been abducted by aliens or had near death experiences. Complete strangers telling basically the same story about their experience!!!! Freaky!!!!

Comment

pohutakawatree;1035124 wrote:
                  Even having a game of real tennis.
                  Playing tennis - don't think I'm up for that any time soon, but Australian Open starts soon here so I'm in for some marathon viewing I'm sure. Give me a couch, some soda water and that glorious Rafael Nadal and I'll be just fine thanks!

Couldn't agree more with the shared sentiments in this thread - modding just aint a happenin' thing for me I'm afraid.
                  I was made with a heart of stone
                  To be broken
                  With one hard blow
                  I've seen the ocean
                  Break on the shore
                  Come together with no harm done...
                  Jane's Addiction ~ Ocean Size

Comment

Working...
                  X