Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was in a bad place, killing myself slowly, now I'm back

Hi everyone.
    well the last few months have been an epic fail, all I can say is that i was slowly killing myself with AL but I am at the start of day 2 & feel positive, I am working a 1pm to 7pm shift & that may just be enough to get me through the danger hours of 5.30pm to 7.30pm, especially if I can have something to eat as soon as I get home.
    Anyway I have to go get ready for work, I will try to log on tonight when i get home, internet availability is a little bit sporadic at the moment

Witchy
    *Witchy*
    Progress, not perfection!!!
    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Welcome back Withchywoman. I have also just returned after a 3 month lapse. Keep yourself nourished and hydrated, envision yourself tomorrow morning feeling fresh and NOT hungover. Take care
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

:welcome: Back Witchy, glad to hear you are feeling positive. Keep busy at trigger times and make sure there is no AL in the house. There are lots of very determined people starting their AF journey at the moment so the energy is good and lots of great encouragement around.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Witchy and Nottonight,

Welcome back the pair of you. Here's to an unhung day tomorrow. x
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Hi Witchy and NT - just welcoming you back and sending you peace and strength. Lots of tremendous support here, as you know!

xx,
          KG

Comment

Welcome back - it takes courage to end the cycle, so good for you. Will see you around the boards.

K x
            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I'm so happy your back Witchy! :l I'm just about to go to bed but had to say HI!! :h I hope work went well. Your going to feel better and better and I'm so excited for you.

Comment

I remember you Witchy Woman! You were one of the strong ones! Welcome back and you're making the right decision. Just think of a tactic to get you through those hours.
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Welcome back Witchy! You can do this
                  February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Good for you witchy! I too am back and have 4 AF days under my belt. Wondering if you are as tired as I am of this vicious circle. I'm ready to make a change. Stay strong and hope we are both successful on this most important journey!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

I have ten days today , and I am feeling good that tool box thing on here has alot of tips and things you can read kinda like secret messages to say to yourself keeps your mind right , its helping

Comment

Hi Michael, and welcome. : )

This was one of my favorite threads when I first came here--reality check when "one or two wouldn't hurt" thoughts pop up:
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

I also made a file of favorite quotes, posts, and poems that helped keep me on track, like you were saying. Here's a favorite: "Alcohol ravages time, energy, love, and money. Four things we can never have enough of. "

Congrats, on the double-digit AF days! If you think it might help to watch them add up, try the Drink Tracker:
                        Welcome to My Way Out

xoxo Pride
                        AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                        "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hi All,

perhaps we should devote this post to the "returning to the boards crowd". Im also back where I belong, got so much encouragement last time and the feeling of not being alone is a comfort. After posting last night, I already feel a bit stronger. This battle may never be over but the tremendous support here really does make it appear possible. Any one else need to be welcomed home?

Good luck to all in their endeavours, Neuro
                          Live your life in such a way that
                          when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
                          Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Working...
                          X