You guys have been a big help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day three pretty much sucked but today (4) feels a little better.

I had a dream 2 nights ago that I was cleaning up the kitchen after a party. There were
    two blenders with leftover cocktails and they looked all separated and gross. I started to fire up one of the blenders thinking I could make it drinkable again. Something I have done many a morning. Then I realized "I don't drink" and poured both down the sink. I woke up, it was 3:45 am, my shirt was damp around the collar as well as my hair. I think my sub-conscious is onto something!

I have spent hours on here just reading old threads and gaining knowledge and strength.
    :thanks: is not enough!
    AF Since January 02, 2011

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.
    ? Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers

Glad you feel better! The first three or four days were the hardest for me. I still have wine dreams!
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

I truly believe sometimes we receive Devine intervention through our dreams. Some of my drinking dreams happened when I was feeling weak and they strengthened my resolve. One I had just a few weeks after quitting and I swear I woke up feeling hungover! Perfect reminder why I never wanted to go back there. Congrats on day 4!
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Shen, drinking dreams are common and scary ...........

Keep reading and posting, there are loads of us here for you .......

BB ... xxx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Shen-
          I've had them as well and what a relief to wake up and realize it was a dream!
          Like Chillgirl, I've dreamt that I am super hungover and have to go to work (that is the thing a hated most about drinking), once I wake up and know it was a dream - I am so estatic and thankful. Man, that feels great. Like others have said it is some sort of divine intervention and quite a reinforcement to not drink!

Comment

Glad you are doing well Shen - it is quite a journey
            Congrats on your 4 AF days!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome, Shen!

The first few days are the toughest. Soon you will start to feel better and better!

Drinking dreams are very normal. I get them every so often. Sometimes I wake up and have to give myself a few minutes before I realize it was a dream. I can relate to the sweating part! Not nice.

Comment

so today is my first day here , havent drank this whole year so far gonna see how long i can go , wish me luck , please

Comment

Michael welcome:welcome: Here is a good place to start on the site - lots of invaluable information in the toolbox:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

KG

Comment

Welcome Michael! Congrats and best of luck on your journey!!!
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Thanks again everybody!

Welcome Michael, this is a great place with an awsome mix of Newbs & Vets.
                      We are not alone!

And yeah, check out that tool box.
                      AF Since January 02, 2011

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.
                      ? Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers

Comment

Hi there Michael and a BIG welcome to you! This is a true blessing, full of wise people and suggestions/practical advice from all over the world. You will make good friends here. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and feeling, j
                        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

wow

KundaliniGirl;1036770 wrote: Michael welcome:welcome: Here is a good place to start on the site - lots of invaluable information in the toolbox:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

KG
                          hope this comes out right but thanks for the tool box tip I already printed some stuff to carry around and read it woulda helped tonite thank god i made it thru those cravings they do go away but they were VERY STRONG

Comment

Welcome Shen, Michael and hello to everyone else!

This is such a great site. I only joined at the very end of November (after Thanksgiving) and I have had more AF days since then than I had in the last year. I've basically been AF since joining with a few days around Christmas where I slipped and had to start again. It's a great site and really so educating as well. All I can say is I recommend it highly and am so happy it's working for you as well!

Comment

Michael, try L-Glut for the cravings. Some people here say they've actually dissolved one under their tongue to really kick the craving fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X