OK end of day 4...thanks everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for all the great words last night. I feel asleep before I was able to get back on the boards.
    Going to bootcamp class at the local gym at 5 a.m. makes me really tired at night.

thanks again!

Congratulations on Day 4 Mya!

Boot camp at 5am is a GREAT idea. Why be awake late at night thinking about drinking when you can get up early and do something healthy for your body instead?! :goodjob:

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Mya great work on day 4! Hope you feel energized after bootcamp and all set for day 5......
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Well day on day 4!!!!!!!! Stay strong hunni!

Comment

Great job Mya, keep fighting the battle. The first weekend for you is coming up. For me, the weekends were really tough to get through in the early weeks. Be aware of old habits, and where urges will likely come. I found that if I expected them, and knew they would come, it allowed me to somehow get a little power over them. Surf them like a wave. All the best,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

hillsidetime;1036957 wrote: Surf them like a wave. All the best,
              Hill
              I like that! Surf them like a wave!

Comment

Hi mylife, this concept was introduced to me here, and was so valuable. To imagine that an urge to drink is like a wave. It will come, and it might be higher or lower, last longer or shorter, but it will pass. Another will come along, expect it, but it will pass. I remember, clenching my fists, closing my eyes, and mentally surfing urges; it helpe me. I hope it helps you a little.
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                X