Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I'm back if anyone remembers me.

Well every cloud has a silver lining or so they say! Went down with the dreaded flu on 2nd Jan. Terrible start to the new year BUT have had absolutely no desire to drink al at all so now 5 days AF. Have hardly eaten anything this week either so have also lost weight :thumbs:

Am going for the full 30 again to really detox and get into a better state of mind. (I'm a bottle a night of red wine drinker). 2011 is gonna be the year I sort myself out once and for all! Fingers crossed.

PLAN-
    Come on here and post not just lurk
    Exercise more
    Keep drinks diary (think it all started going wrong again when I stopped doing that)

Best wishes to everyone out there it's good to know you're there!
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Hi

Welcome back blue.good idea to go for 30 days and see how you feel after that.keep posting & reading as you know the support here is fantastic.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi

Just to say welcome back. Its day 6 for me and 2011 has to be the year i sort myself out. Too many slips last year so takin it odat.

Comment

Hi

Hi Bluesky, and welcome back. Taking some time to allow your head to clear is a great idea. Don't forget, you need to hydrate and get some healthy nutrition into you as soon as you are able. I hope you feel better soon.
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi

Hi Bluesky,

Welcome back and good luck on your 40 days af. I am sure you will get there no problem.

L x
          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Hi

Hi Blue

I'm new here but it's great to see someone come back and give it another go. Sorry to hear about the illness, but as you say, every cloud has a silver lining and you've been able to steer clear of the booze as a result. Well done! I'm on day 5 tomorrow and doing OK today so I guess we'll be going through this together.

Best of luck and see you 'round the boards
            I was made with a heart of stone
            To be broken
            With one hard blow
            I've seen the ocean
            Break on the shore
            Come together with no harm done...
            Jane's Addiction ~ Ocean Size

Comment

Hi

Blue Sky, Welcome! Think you must have been before I joined, but good luck...........I am a firm believer in needing a pretty big period of AF time in order to be able to mod.

Good luck!!

KG

Comment

Hi

Hi Blue,
                There's lots of us abstaining in january so the more the merrier. x
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Hi

Morning Bluesky!

I think you must have been here before I joined as well, so welcome back! I'm on day 12 myself after slipping around Christmastime. I inadvertently moderated then, however, but didn't feel so great as I was supposed to be abstaining!

Anyway, I have decided to give it 6 months and then see how I feel about modding.

Have a great AF day!

Comment

Hi

Welcome back Blue Sky!

Your plan sounds good.
                    Wishing you the very best

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi

Must be something in the air Bluey - I've struggled back as well! Also on 1 bottle a night too often and having horrible days - need to clear my head.

Bx

Comment

Hi

Welcome back friend!
                        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hi

Welcome back blue! Any time is a good time to recommit!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi

Thanks everyone.

MM How lovely to hear from you. I remember we often posted on the ODAT thread together. Going to start going there again. Care to join me?

Greeneyes. Thanks for the welcome back, you were one of the first to welcome me when I first joined and I remember your good advice (drink lots of lemons juice in water). I've got my BGP's on! (That's Big Girl Pants to all you newbies!

Thanks to everyone who replied, looking forward to getting to know you better.
                            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                            X