Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed promise

Hi Folks,

Well, I have to admit I caved in on my promise to go AF until 28th January, and decided to have a few beers this evening. I'm not at all proud of saying one thing and doing another, but the cravings got the better of me and I want to see how I manage with 'moderation'. For me, that moderation primarily means not drinking during the week, but I'm not sure how much alcohol constitutes moderate drinking at the weekend (2 beers, 4, beers, 8 beers, 16 beers etc.)

I fully intend to go back to AF during the week, but probably shouldn't make any more promises (even to myself) that I might not keep. Sorry all.

Bzz.

Failed promise

Hang in there BB62!
    Don't beat yourself up. Good thing is you recognize it and can pull yourself up and deal with it. Check out the Moderation Management site as well for guidelines to moderation, you may find that useful.
    Hang in there! We are all fighting the battle and have all been in your position.
    Sharky

Comment

Failed promise

hay bzz
      you only have to answer to yourself. this is your process. i don't think any of us feel you need to apologize to us. this is a huge challenge. you WILL find your way into what's right for you. that's what matters.
      please keep checking in. i was wondering how you were doing...
      rudy b

Comment

Failed promise

Bzz - I think it's really tough to moderate until you go AF for a good chunk of time.

KG

Comment

Failed promise

Hey there,

I really don't think you have anything to apologize for, it's a long road to walk and we all have to walk it our own way. You may be one of the lucky ones that can moderate, that would be great! Don't beat yourself up over it, really. There are some really great people and threads going in the Mod's section, check them out..but don't forget us over on the AF side.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Failed promise

I went 6 months AF starting Jan 1st last year. I relapsed. I choose not to see it as a failure rather, another step towards sobriety. Now I am AF again and feel more solid in my sobriety than I did last time.

See what you can learn and move on. You get stronger and stronger with each bump as long as you choose to learn and grow from them. Never give up on what you know you need to do.

Comment

Failed promise

NewGirl...I wish there was a "Like" button here for your Post like there is on FB. Very well said, and wonderful news on the 6 months AF for you!

Comment

Failed promise

Brigitte Bardot;1037943 wrote: Hey there,

I really don't think you have anything to apologize for, it's a long road to walk and we all have to walk it our own way. You may be one of the lucky ones that can moderate, that would be great! Don't beat yourself up over it, really. There are some really great people and threads going in the Mod's section, check them out..but don't forget us over on the AF side.

Have a great weekend!
                I'm wth you BB. I don't think you need to apologize. Who are we to judge? I would love to be able to go AF during the week and moderate on the weekends, but I don't think it is in the cards. Everyone does their own thing. I hope this works for you. EIther way, you always have support and friends here. Good luck to you and don't beat yourself up. You had the cajones to come back here and "fess up" and that is a cool thing. Keep posting and stay healthy
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Failed promise

I'm an arrogant drinker, and always have been. Getting drunk is just for fun. I can handle this. I can handle it every weekend, I can handle it some weeknights. It's fun getting drunk, knowing that I know I'm drunk and yet I'm still in control. It's fun to be drunk all the time, that buzzing feeling keeping me going, and knowing that I can step back at any time. It's a bit less fun throwing up and getting diarrhea from time to time, but I can manage. It's a bit less fun when people start to notice, but manageable. I was on medication. It's not great when the girlfriend says she thinks you act like a twat when you're drunk, but that's ok... at least she still loves you, you think. What do you think? Perhaps this whole alcohol thing isn't such an easy thing to manage. Perhaps it's not so much fun after all. Maybe alcohol has started to use you just for fun.

Bzz.

Comment

Failed promise

Bzzzzzz~ I replied to you on the January Jumpers thread.

Have you finished drinking for the day and getting a plenty of water down you?
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Failed promise

If that's the case then...then, maybe trying to moderate right now is like playing with fire. I take a lot from the quote I have at the bottom of my signature.

That's just my opinion though. Just take one day at a time, being AF even through the weekend is not such a bad thing.

Comment

Failed promise

BB aka Gia, you may well be right. I really shouldn't say anything right now because it would only be the alcohol talking (I'm quite buzzed already), but I would like to say that from what I have seen of your posts so far, I'm very impressed at your line of thinking and really appreciate your concern for others. You're a real role model.

Bzz.

Comment

Failed promise

BzzBee62;1037921 wrote: and I want to see how I manage with 'moderation'. For me, that moderation primarily means not drinking during the week, but I'm not sure how much alcohol constitutes moderate drinking at the weekend (2 beers, 4, beers, 8 beers, 16 beers etc.)

I fully intend to go back to AF during the week, but probably shouldn't make any more promises (even to myself) that I might not keep. Sorry all.

Bzz.
                          You know you don't owe an explanation or excuse to anyone. You get to decide what is best for you. We get to offer support (provided there is agreement ) I have to say, I'm not sure what your plan is and I'm not sure you are either. There is a thread called "What's Your Sobriety Plan?" in the just starting out section. I think if you plan on nothing, nothing is what will happen in terms of getting your drinking under control. Take a look and see if it makes sense to you.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Failed promise

greeneyes;1037973 wrote: You know you don't owe an explanation or excuse to anyone. You get to decide what is best for you. We get to offer support (provided there is agreement ) I have to say, I'm not sure what your plan is and I'm not sure you are either. There is a thread called "What's Your Sobriety Plan?" in the just starting out section. I think if you plan on nothing, nothing is what will happen in terms of getting your drinking under control. Take a look and see if it makes sense to you.
                            I think I DO owe an apology, especially if others are teaming with me in the effort to go AF. I feel like I've let my team members down.

What do I need to sign in order to get some support?

You're right. I have no idea of any concrete plans. I need to review my entire life in order to answer that question.

Yup, I agree. No plan = no result, otherwise every result is equally valid.

Off to look at the sobriety plan...

Bzz.

Comment

Failed promise

Hello BB, only you really know what you need to do. Hang in there! We're here to support you.

Comment

Working...
                              X