Failed promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed promise

Geez, I didn't expect to be writing this! I thought I was going to have a quiet Saturday evening with a few beers, and although I did only drink beer (no spirits), I woke up this morning with a pounding head. I don't usually get a hangover, but I guess the week off the booze was the main cause.

Not a good thing, and I know the only reason I drank yesterday was because I was fed up with abstention (well, I was craving and looking for a good excuse). Not a good start to moderation either, because it wasn't for the right reasons, and the quantity of beer was far from moderate!

Back to the drawing board...

In any case, thanks to all of you who reached out to support me! I need to re-read all the posts once my brain is functioning somewhat normally again.

Bzz.

Comment

Failed promise

Hang in there BB. If I stop for awhile two glasses of wine will give me a pounding headache. It gives me an idea of the poison I'm pouring into my body when I feel that...

Drink plenty of water with lemon and have a great day.

Comment

Failed promise

Good to see you back.

Now that I've had quite a few AF days in, even a small amount of alcohol I can feel in my system and honestly, I don't really like the feeling anymore...and I never thought I would ever feel like that.

Give your self some time, you're making a major lifestyle change. Not only are there physical changes, but there is also a complete change to be made in your thought process. Be easy on yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X