Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm diving in!!

LtlM,
    Welcome to MWO. It was greating talking to you last evening. It is a pretty big pool of water with just one thing in common. Congratulations on your dive.
    Abby

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Please excuse my pathetic attemp for the Ticker Factory event. I had it right at one time, but I have bronchitis and can't hardly sit up. I'll live.
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I'm diving in!!

I chose not to drink today. Because of that I don't have dirty dishes piled in the sink, I will remember going to bed and I am looking forward to the morning!!

Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

I'm diving in!!

LtLM,

I love your signature message of 'Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty'.
          I am looking forward to that!
          ~Laura

Insanity
          : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Laurav wrote: LtLM,

I love your signature message of 'Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty'.
            I am looking forward to that!
            :thanks: It is a GREAT feeling! :heart:

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Another drinkless day....another great morning!!

:wd: :wd: ......yes, I'm applauding myself

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Way to go!
                ~Laura

Insanity
                : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Hi Lt

It was nice chatting with you the other night. Love your last drink ticker! I'm at 10 AF days now - it does feel great in the morning, doesn't it? Keep up the positive attitude - it's infectious.

pixie
                  AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words everyone!! I will be traveling for Thanksgiving. Will be around a drinkless crowd so I count that as a blessing!

Thinking of you all!!

Congratulations Pixie!! I'm glad there is another abs to chat with!

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!

So much for being around a drinkless crowd! I ended up drinking wine at my mother's house. I drank moderately the first day ( 3 glasses), but the next day I drank a lot (no blackout though), then moderately again (2 glasses) and then yesterday I went to the store and came home to prepare a big meal full of recipes that I had never made. I was enjoying myself so much drinking wine and cooking! Problem is, I don't remember my son going to bed... or me going to bed for that matter. This isn't going to be as easy as I thought! :upset: I have let myself down.

Trying again! I will be at home until Christmas so it will be easier for me to take all my supps, campral, listen to tapes etc.

If you have a minute....please just say a quick prayer for me!

Here's my new (starting over) ticker.......:durn:

At least it's sort of festive!

Comment

I'm diving in!!

No, it isn't easy, but you are here and keep trying. The holidays are tough! You are getting used to moderating on a more consistent basis, and starting back with the alcohol free days, doing the supps, etc. I wish you strength! We are in this together, and I can certainly understand your struggle. Our family get togethers consist almost completely of drinking... as in...socializing 2nd!
                        I like your festive ticker!
                        Thinking of you, and dive BACK in, LtM.

Comment

I'm diving in!!

becca wrote: No, it isn't easy, but you are here and keep trying. The holidays are tough! You are getting used to moderating on a more consistent basis, and starting back with the alcohol free days, doing the supps, etc. I wish you strength! We are in this together, and I can certainly understand your struggle. Our family get togethers consist almost completely of drinking... as in...socializing 2nd!
                          I like your festive ticker!
                          Thinking of you, and dive BACK in, LtM.
                          Thanks Becca! Always nice to have someone cheering you on. I appreciate your taking the time to post. I know things are a little crazy around here right now.

:thanks:

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Hi LtLM

Well, you're not alone - I drank over the holiday as well, after 12 AF days. Honestly I couldn't decide whether to abstain or not, and in the end it was easier to say yes after people kept asking if I wanted a drink, rather than trying to explain. So I'm starting over as well, but not really starting over, as I have the experience of those AF days to fall back on, as you do too.

Time will tell how to best manage our intake / lack of intake, I imagine, but I know there's no sense beating ourselves up over it as we figure it out. I'm still doing better than I was, so that's a step in the right direction. Keep up the spirits (figuratively, I mean).

Pixie
                            AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

I'm diving in!!

Hello there LtLM. Welcome. I'm new here myself. What you said about crumbling self-esteem. That's me that is, and I do want my life back. Very well put. We have a lot in common in the way we feel affected by the curse. Thanks for coming and good luck.
                              paulb

Comment

Working...
                              X