Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having another go....

Hey Jim,

Getting rid of this beast is not easy. Don't let it chisel away your momentum and resolve, like you said tomorrow is another day. The take away on yesterday is how you can manage it better next time the situation presents itself.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Having another go....

Hi Jim

Sorry to hear that. One trick I learnt was not to engage body to physically walk into an off licence, pick up drink etc. I'd just walk past or stay in the house, door locked. It's easier to do that than go through all the rubbish drink brings. I'd also say the beer thought put the idea into your head. Often it's good to recognise these thoughts then say "Yes I could have a beer but I don't need one, goodbye" to it.

I'm starting again this is day 2 and I'm not worried about tomorrow, I'm just happy I'm alive!Let's see if we can get some more AF days in.

Comment

Having another go....

Welcome Jim!

Really, just spend your time reading here and posting. It's amazing how the days go by and suddenly you realize you're feeling better, your life has gotten better and you've been AF for a week...two weeks...and so on.

Here's the tool box link if you would like to have a look. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Have a wonderful Alcohol Free day!

Comment

Working...
        X