The 48 hour thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 48 hour thread

today is potentially a trigger for me as i dont work tomorrow. well sod that, im not gonna drink today. been out for a good walk with the dogs and now im gonna do some cooking... sugar free bannana cake is on the menu. also held the smoking off..... for now.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Hey Spuds

I get like that when I've got any sort of 'free' time coming up. Just try and remember that you'd rather do something nice with that time, rather than waste it lying around feeling cr@p.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

hi all, just checking in, I've now gone 48 hours without a drink. reading the posts here over the last couple of days has really helped to keep me on track. The next 24 hours will be a real challenge for me though, I get home early on Tuesdays and hit the booze right away normally but I have to get up early wednesday for blood tests and if I drink tuesday I know I wont get it done and just beat myself up for that aswell.

Wish me luck for a sober Tuesday and good luck everyone!

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Glad it's been some help drinkingal.

Well we are now on the second 48 hours for this thread so keep going and if you haven't already joined, get on board. Remember it's only 48 hours. Not a lot out of your life. I'm now on my 5th day AF. Taking things easy, not because I need to but because I feel that is another tool in my box. I can't rush around to my maximum capability, currently just setting one task per day to acheive. Yesterday that didn't happen because I lost something I was going to use for the job, but I spent time finding it then left it til today - because I can. I do now believe the Bac is helping me with my goal, but I'm still using a lot of mental as well as physical strategies. Sobriety is a 24 hour, 365 day effort.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Change;1042983 wrote: Very hard anon. The bottle shop is still open till 8pm, and there's the one down the road. Devil played advocate again in kitchen, but will be having dinner soon, so hopefully that'll quash cravings.
            Hi Change and everyone on the 48hrs thread. Good job UKBlonde for starting a great thread. Have you tried L-Glutamine when the cravings strike??? If not its well worth a try. I take around 6,000mg when cravings are intense and around 2,000mg daily to prevent them. Since beginning the L-Glutamine, I havent had a craving for at least three months. Much strength, and love to you all, Saff xx
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

The 48 hour thread

uk i agree its good to take things slowly. i too am setting myself small tasks each day so as not to get overwhelmed... i tend to get in a frenzy of 'doing stuff' and then cant wind myself in from it.
              i had a near miss last night. monday can be a trigger for me as i dont work tuesdays. i had arranged with a friend to help clear out her loft this morning. she txted me to say she couldnt do it as she wasnt well and my initial thought was... oh i can get pissed now and sleep it off tomorrow. NOOOOOOOOO!
              what actually got me over this was thinking about her. in the last couple of years she has had a couple of severe mental health problems resulting in being sectioned. she lives a healthy lifestyle, has never drank much or anything else but is obviously really worried about this new condition. if all she had to do to be well was NOT DRINK she would be over the moon. heres me, knowing the answer to my problem but breaking the obvious rule. so i didnt drink. i know i can think about things like this all the time but last night it seemed real and it helped. so heres to 48 hours
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

The 48 hour thread

ukblonde I definitely want to stay in for another 48hours and congrats on 5+days!.

Today (day 3) I got home and ate one of my favourite meals so I had something to look forward to instead of drinking. I'm also learning that I have to take things easy and be kinder to myself.

On monday I felt really tired but guilty because I have so much to catch up on since Im not drinking and I wasnt getting much done, but it was only day 2, and it's going to take some time I guess to get motivated again. most of this stuff just slides because I'm too drunk or hungover to care so I dont know why I feel I have to get everything caught up in a few days. I even started thinking yesterday that if Im not going to do anything constructive I may as well get drunk. It sounds really stupid now

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I am SO in....struggling lately.
                  So here is to day 1 ....again......sigh
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

The 48 hour thread

ohhh Mama thats tough...i live right up the road from you ( BWK GA) and being so close ive kinda bonded with your posts..your back on your feet and trying thats what counts.
                    " Life is good ...then it gets better "

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I am jumping back in. Fell off this weekend but am back on day two. Loaded up with L-Glut and some new found inner strength. Occurred to me this morning (again) that every restart is so exhausting that staying "stopped" has got to be more peaceful!!!

Peace and Strength to all on this thread! Be strong! We can do this!

Guy
                      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Can I join please? Spoilt today, day 1 tomorrow

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Of course welcome aboard.

CMH you are so right there, I find drinking is hard work really - but we forget this when we want our "night off".

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I am joining in too. I can never be complacent cause I still get a strong craving. It can still be a battle for me not to cave in
                            Be strong-
                            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Infact for some stupid reason I am thinking of wine tonight...grrr. It sucks!
                              Be strong-
                              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Hi all,

I'd like to join you as well. I'm new here. I recently committed to a 30 and messed it up and 48 sounds more doable. I look forward to getting to know all of you. My goal is to log more AF days. I'm reading MM's book right now. I already read MWO.

Thanks for starting this thread,
                                Bluejay

Comment

Working...
                                X