The 48 hour thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 48 hour thread

A long time ago I joined a 48 hour thread, and those 48 hours turned into 48 days and a lot more followed.

I know there have been some friends of mine from here struggling recently, just as I have. So I'd like to start another 48 hour thread and see if we can put 2 whole days together, together.

The whole point of the first thread was that we can often find 1 day AF achieveable, but come 2 days and it's so tempting once the hangover has gone to have another drink.

Everyone is welcome and lets see what we can do with this.

I'll start off by saying I didn't drink yesterday and had a bad night's sleep, mainly because I've not been going to bed until 2am recently. I took some bac but even that didn't really send me off. I got up this morning and I've been for a powerwalk already. Had a good breakfast and looking forward to having a quiet but sober day.

The 48 hour thread

im in. just woke up and came here to see this so i think its a must. hangover yesterday, well just a general grotty feeling caused by drinking thursday night. slept most of the day then slept right through the night till about half an hour ago. i guess i must have needed it. ive not exactly bounced out of bed but im in a positive mood and may get to listen to mwo cd's today. we can do this
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

The 48 hour thread

i'm in ukb.
      just really slack lately so thus i'll get in here.
      good stuff!

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Good morning -- UKB I love this idea -- 48 hours becoming 48 days. I'm happy to join in!

Sorry about the sleep struggles -- I've heard that's associated with bac but I don't have firsthand experience.

Have a wonderful AF day all! I'm waiting for it to get a little lighter and I'll go for a powerwalk myself! (It's almost 7 but still dark and cold out)

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Hi all, I've just joined. so far my attempts to quit or at least cut down this year haven't gone well. I too can make it a day but by day 2 or 3 it starts getting hard again. Tomorrow I want to try again to sober up, hopefully I can convince myself to do it for longer than a day or two

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I think this is a great idea for a thread...48 hours seems "doable" at the beginning and is so good when you get there.

I will be popping in and lending support xx
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Go for it!

:h:h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I am in! It is not so long ago that 24hrs was like a marathon.
                Good for you UK with your plan--

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Yep everyone go for it as it can be done,
                  The first few steps are the hardest to take but once taken everything will/should fall in to place,

dont quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

mario (dubjoe) i just love your philosophy & attitude.thanks.:helpme:
                    thanks to mr g & one2 also as long termers to help us fledgelings.
                    i know i should know better, but i don't. yet.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Uk- I like your thinking- This is my day 2-start of- so, looking forward to 48 hrs-and beyond!
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Yay lots of peeps joining in. That's the way. :goodjob:

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I'm in! 48 hours will get me through this weekend. I woke today on day 6 and in 1 1/2 hours I'm off to hot yoga to start my Saturday off right.

p.s. lost 3 pounds this week so far, wouldnt be able to say that had I drank last night.
                          AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

The 48 hour thread

im a happy man.thanks to all the people here that give me strength and wisdom.ive done 48 hours 7 times in a row.that makes 2 weeks and feel great.TY
                            " Life is good ...then it gets better "

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Yep - great idea UK. Day 2 can be very tricky - I've done loads of them:upset:, the hangover is gone and it's easy to say 'ah feck it' - so deffo a good idea
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X