Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 48 hour thread

Hi Bluejay
    Well done on the 5 days! Day 5 for me today and hoping I can keep going as got a night out this evening with friends! This will be the first sober weekend I've had in years! Will update tomorrow x

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Hi Chelsea,

You're doing great!! Last night was tough so I had a N/A beer. I'm not even a beer drinker but it was pretty good and did the trick.

Where have all the 48ers gone

See ya soon.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Bluejay;1046367 wrote: Hi Chelsea,

You're doing great!! Last night was tough so I had a N/A beer. I'm not even a beer drinker but it was pretty good and did the trick.

Where have all the 48ers gone

See ya soon.
        Hi Bluejay I have just checked the drinks menu where I'm going and they do N/A beer so am going to try that! Have a good Sat nite x

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Unfortunately I've fallen off and been drinking for longer than 48, which on top of the bac isn't great.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I'd like to join in 48. I blew it last night after 27 days AF, so back to square 1.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

UK I hear you on the drinking but can you put it aside and start another 48 hours? I am finding it a bit of a struggle at the moment and need some support so I am going to join this thread for the next 48 hours.

Mylife glad to join you and everyone else.

Dewdrop :h
              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I will join you dewdrop in the next 48!
                AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Yaayyy Mstall thank you !

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Hey there 48ers.

I caved last night....ooops.

UKBlonde - Does Bac make you ill if you drink while on it??

Even though I drank last night I've logged more AF days this month than in a long time so I still feel I'm ahead of things.

:welcome: to all the new 48ers!!!!!!!!

Comment

The 48 hour thread

UK - Your post prompted me to read through some of the medication threads so I understand now. That's excellent that you had 6 months AF and I'm sorry your struggling at the moment. Me too.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

That's ok. Bac - if you drink on it you don't get 'ill' but the side effects are felt the most. You wake up with burning eyes, feel flushed all the time and and very spaced - essentially you feel very stoned, and you definitely aren't fit to drive. I don't get a hangover on it which I think encourages drinking since you aren't getting the banging head, sickness etc which would normally render me unable to drink.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

By the way I'm coming back and have 18 hours behind me already.

Comment

The 48 hour thread

Delighted to hear it UK lets lean on each other ....

Comment

The 48 hour thread

I'm in for sure. I seem to only get a few days AF and then relaps. I can't believe how many years it has been this way. I have tried to quit so many times. My drug of choice is wine and I drink almost daily. Everytime I try to stop some catastropie happens and I fall into the old habit. I am constantly seeking freedom from this ghastly disease. I have tried Antibuse and Camprol without much sucess. I don't think Baclofen is approved here. I guess I could get it over the internet but I am pretty leary of doing that.
                              Yesterday watched the documentary Rain in my Heart. I don't want to end up like that.
                              I have been reading the posts in this forum for a couple of months now and find them helpful. I think it is moving me forward on my mission of recovery. I thank you all for the support.
                              Looking forward to 48 hours and then 48 days and then.......
                              Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

The 48 hour thread

:welcome: Running4Life. Your story sounds familiar.

Okay - I'm starting another 48 today. Last week I was AF Monday-Friday. Joining this thread helped me get there.

Mylife - That is excellent you have 27 days AF. I haven't had that many in years.

See you guys later!

Comment

Working...
                                X