Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit date is tomorrow!

Wow, what to say....

I have been down this road many times.....I hope and pray this time is for good! Please dear lord put your hand on my shoulders and pull me through!

T - 1/17/11

Quit date is tomorrow!

Good luck. I am new here too, and today is my quit day but if I don't make it I'll join you tomorrow!

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

It is scary, but I have got to do something! Where to begin....I have the vitamins now just want to get the shopping list done for the week and supper and lunches planned out.... I stress out way to much according to my son. ugg This is scary but I have been planning it for two weekss!!!!

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

I just have to quit!

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

Good luck to you Piper123! Today is your day....YOU can do this!

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

Best of luck to both of you - actually don't leave it to luck, nobody puts the booze in our mouths - just be 100% committed to this and you can and will do it - no space for 'if, buts or maybes' just say 'I will do this today' - and do it. Keep posting here, especially in tricky moments, get a couple of days sober under your belt and the rewards are so huge you won't believe how good you feel:l:welcome:
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

Wow, thank you Molly! I will keep turning back to this page over and over in the next few days!

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my quit day too. Again. Drinking the last bit of vodka in the house right now. I hate drinking! Alcohol is evil

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

me too....I am cleaning up all the beer that I have hidden! What the heck is wrong with me that I have to hide booze! NO F -IN MORE!

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

Think of it as Martin Luther King said (since tomorrow is MLK day in the US)- "free at least. free at least, good God almighty I'm free at last" (of booze!)

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

I like that! MLK day is a GREAT day to quit. And I just had the thought of drinking today and starting tomorrow..

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

ATLThrash;1042656 wrote: Think of it as Martin Luther King said (since tomorrow is MLK day in the US)- "free at least. free at least, good God almighty I'm free at last" (of booze!)
                        THAT IS AWESOME.

I wish all of you the best of luck. It is so worth it. I never thought I could get past two days let alone two months. It is hard, but it is a game (and life) changer. You have to have it in your heart and make a plan. Stick to it. Go to the Toolbox (I am too lame to put the link - somebody help me out here...lol). This site has been the catalyst for my sobriety. I can honestly say that the friends I have made, the stories I have read, and the advice I have gotten have gotten me to this point. Sure, I wish I could have a glass of wine on occasion, but I can't. I am not wired that way - at least not now. Most likely not ever. Drinking will erase all the good and replace it with shit. That is not what I, nor my family needs. Good luck to all of you - you are among friends here!! :welcome:
                        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

Just adding my Hellos and welcomes and the link to the tool box.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Keep reading and keep posting. Glad you're here.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

piper123 if today is the day then it's the day. In the beginning it is easy to listen to the beast but don't do it. You will be so proud when you wake up in the morning knowing that you stuck to your guns! Do either one of you have L-glutamine? It has been the saving force in my 27 days now. You can do this! Molly is right, you don't need luck you just need you!
                            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Quit date is tomorrow!

Hello Seven, Piper & Laurel!

Congrats to all of you for making the decision to quit drinking now!
                              Living the sober life is the best

Please be sure to read the MWO Book - you can download it from the Health store here.
                              You all need to make a good plan - look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas.

Staying close to MWO, checking in everyday helped me to stay focused & succeed.
                              Drop in the Newbies Nest thread & introduce yourseles. Lots of Newbies there & some of us oldies as well.

Wishing you all the best!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X