day 16,out of the blue, big craving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTAB;1043375 wrote: Sometimes these cravings come from out of the blue and hit us like a tidal wave, but thats all they are, a wave, they wash over us if we can hang in there. Are you taking anything to help with the cravings? I and many others find L-Glutamine a great help and its very safe to take.
    Check in later wont you.
    Thanks KTAB, If cravings continue or worsen, I will definitely look into L Glut. No cravings tonight, thank god and had a good day
    I know this is going to be a long, sometimes tough battle, but I am winning it so far. I think that I failed in my last two "serious" attempts to quit, is strengthening my will to quit.
    Really dont want to have to start all over again. And I know if I have a drink, it could possibly take another long time before I try again.
    Cheers neighbour
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

Comment

Sona;1043475 wrote: "Up the dubs"?

Keep up the good work, Damo! You're making the right choices.
      Hi Sona "Up the Dubs" is a saying from Dublin.
      When we beat the "Wicklow" and "Down" boys in Gaelic Football :H

Thanks for your support
      Damo
      Still trying !!!
      AF 25th June2014

Comment

Kimberley;1043791 wrote: Hey Damo,

Good to hear that you battled the cravings and did something else nice instead. A bit of exercise and family time never hurt anyone. I think i am on roundabout the same day AF as you and i had cravings yesterday, too. strong ones for the first time since going AF this time.

For some reason, week 3 sober and also month 3 tend to be extra-bad for cravings, so just be aware of that and be extra vigilant about your mind telling you lies about having just one pint or making excuses for you to go to the pub etc. That's alky brain talking - it wants you to take a drink, and not just one.

Anyway, good job on not caving in and just continue to do what you're doing - make sure you do have a plan in place for when the cravings hit hard, whether that's swimming or calling someone, or whatever winds the hours down to get through it and stay sober another day.

Go Man United! (sure i'll get flamed for that. No, i don't live in Manchester, so... )
        K x
        Thanks Kimberley, I will be on my guard. So far, my plan is working. I know its earlt days but feeling great right now. Very determined to beat this
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

damo180;1044175 wrote: Hi Sona "Up the Dubs" is a saying from Dublin.
          When we beat the "Wicklow" and "Down" boys in Gaelic Football :H

Thanks for your support
          Damo
          Huh. I guess that's like saying "Bear Down" and being from Chicago (which I originally am).

The Bears are in the NFC Championship this week, and I will be watching them win, AF!

Comment

Working...
          X